Mayday Parade - Monsters In The Closet

Mayday Parade has official announced a title, release date, cover art, and name for their 4th studio album, "Monsters In The Closet", this album is due out October 8th, expect 50+ t-shirt bundles from merch-now along with many vinyl variants

Pre-order:

Merchnow

tumblr_inline_mqpnppnKWf1qz4rgp.jpg

Tracklist

2.Girls 
3.Last Night For A Table Of Two 
4.12 Through 15 
5.The Torment of Existence Weighed Against The Horror Of Nonbeing 
6.Even Robots Need Blankets 
7.Repent And Repeat 
8.Demons 
9.Sorry, Not Sorry 
10.Nothing You Can Live Without, Nothing You Can Do About 
11.Hold Onto Me 
12.Angels

Completely agree. A Lesson In Romantics was phenomenal, but this band hasn't been the same since Jason left.

I disagree. "Anywhere But Here" was boo boo trash, '"Valadosa" was beautiful and sad and endearing they redeemed themselves, the self titled did disappoint but it wasn't bad by no means really good, or really bad. Though nothing beats "A lesson in Romantics". All and all they're starting to grow into a sound of their own. This is definitely one of my most hyped releases of the year. 

Also I don't like the cover art, it doesn't match the last 3.

Wait....people that aren't teenage girls still like these guys?

I liked them when ALIR came out because they had solid songs(probably because Jason Lancaster wrote all the music)

I can still get down to songs from ALIR, but check out Everything's An Illusion. One of their best tracks probably.

I really loved A Lesson in Romantics. It was a beautiful album. After Jason left and they released Anywhere But Here, I sort of gave up on them. Then they released Valdosta and I realized that they could still play great music without Jason. I think they just needed time to adjust. S/T was not ALIR, by any means, but I think it was a huge step up from Anywhere But Here. If this album follows that sound, I'm excited. I like the artwork, even though it left the old style behind.

• 5 weeks later...

Wait....people that aren't teenage girls still like these guys?

I liked them when ALIR came out because they had solid songs(probably because Jason Lancaster wrote all the music)

except he did not write 'ALL' of the music from that album. Honestly they stepped up their game with their last album and actually had some of the best instrumentals they have had to date. 

except he did not write 'ALL' of the music from that album. Honestly they stepped up their game with their last album and actually had some of the best instrumentals they have had to date.

Is there a huge difference between 95% and "all"?

Let's not kid ourselves here, its well known that he wrote the majority of that album. I still like that album but I completely washed my hands of these guys after listening to "Anywhere but here". I haven't listened to their last album but after reading some positive comments about it, maybe I'll check it out.

My wife really likes these guys and she made me go to one of their shows last fall and it was extremely awkward being a 27 year old dude in a room filled with what was probably 75 percent teenage girls haha

Let's not kid ourselves here, its well known that he wrote the majority of that album. I still like that album but I completely washed my hands of these guys after listening to "Anywhere but here". I haven't listened to their last album but after reading some positive comments about it, maybe I'll check it out.

My wife really likes these guys and she made me go to one of their shows last fall and it was extremely awkward being a 27 year old dude in a room filled with what was probably 75 percent teenage girls haha

I would say its more like 65% considering some were co-written and a few were written just by Derek.

Personally find them to be solid pop rock and nothing more. Their self title actually was much better than anywhere but here and had great introductions of strings. Stay and Shot Across The Bow really show it

I don't expect this to be my album of the year or even crack my top 10 by the end but I do enjoy catchy and heartfelt pop rock regardless of the generalizations about there fan base is. Tbh they are one of the better bands on fearless and put on a really good show.

Yep went to one of there shows and while i like them ( and like most i think Anywhere is garbage) and it was so weird being 31 at the time and being the only male there probably over 21 , glad i went because of my girl at the time because if not i would of felt like a total pediphile .....

Really diggin' the new track. I'm glad the musicians are still continuing to step up their game and the band is working together in a good manner, unlike Anywhere But Here. So. Many. Bundles. I'll probably just buy the HT variant. I don't imagine most of the higher tier bundles will sell very well, but more power to them. Haha. Definitely excited for this and Dance Gavin Dance to come out on the same day. So much good music coming out lately.

Probably wont happen. Bands aren't in that vinyl scene and they likely aren't as tight as last year to do something similar.

I was gonna say something exactly like that. All the bands on the tour last year were all close friends and had all played together a bunch of times.

To my knowledge, none of the bands on this years tour have ever toured together outside of warped