PO: Nirvana - In Utero (3LP 20th Anniversary)

• 3 weeks later...

Anywhere else? This location appears to be sold out...I'm kind of on the hunt for this now as well if I can find a relatively reasonable price.

I was in Seattle a few weeks ago and easy street records had a pile of these. Looks like you can still pick up a copy online.

http://store.easystreetonline.com/rel/v2_viewupc.php?storenr=375&upc=602537483471

I'm surprised you didn't like that cut. Polygram Record Services in Germany had some wonderful staff and made some absolutely phenomenal records. I've not hear their cut of In Utero but is it the pressing or just a crap final cut that was sent to everyone at the time? I know that their pressing of Faith No More's Introduce Yourself on Metronome Records was one of the best versions I've heard.

The same lacquer was used for the Black Friday version as the Anniversary edition, just a new stamper used. There is absolutely no sound difference between the RSD version and the Anniversary Editon. Both were mastered using DMM.

Wait, what? The anniversary edition didn't have the 2013 Albini mix. So clearly there is a difference because they are completely different mixes.

The same lacquer was used for the Black Friday version as the Anniversary edition, just a new stamper used. There is absolutely no sound difference between the RSD version and the Anniversary Editon. Both were mastered using DMM.

How do you continue to be the least knowledgeable, but most sure of himself person in this topic? It blows my mind.

• 2 weeks later...

In the SRC newsletter e-mail they announced that in February, a 2LP version (I'm assuming the 20th anniversary minus the B-sides LP) is coming. They have it for $34.99. Might have to finally just snag that one. Never was interested in the B-sides disc. Would have just preferred having the 2013 mix instead. 

Whats up with ANOTHER reissue?  Looks like SRC is selling it.  The comments mention 2013 mix, is this the RSD, non-RSD version of the 2013 mix that is being sold?  Don't get me wrong I love Nirvana and I think it is great they are keeping their albums in print (come on, we need the Greatest Hits reissued already) but it seems like every six months another press is being done.