The songs of Tony Sly: A Tribute-Out October 29th

sly_image.jpg

here is what we know so far as far as what bands are playing what.

Joey Cape's Bad Loud - On the outside (maybe the Lagwagon cover but Joey said he recorded it)
Old Man Markley - Feel good song of the year (a couple of us at Fat Wreck Wiki had a prelistening of that)
Teenage Bottlerocket - Via Munich (they played this live so we can assume it will be their cover)
Lagwagon - exit
NOFX - shortest pier
Strung Out - soulmate (? )

i cant wait to hear this tribute. a friend of mine and i were talking, and we agreed that we almost hope that FatWreck doesnt do a limited pressing of this. 

id hate to see flippers trying to capitalize on this release. and i think black would be a very fitting color for this release.

i cant wait to hear this tribute. a friend of mine and i were talking, and we agreed that we almost hope that FatWreck doesnt do a limited pressing of this.

id hate to see flippers trying to capitalize on this release. and i think black would be a very fitting color for this release.

Could not agree with you more!

I can't wait for this... I'm ready to pay now. Tony's solo albums spoke to me on a very high level. Songs about being a former punk in your 30s with a family... 12 Songs and Sad Bear got real personal to me and I was so lucky to see him and Joey on that last tour. I have even mentioned how NUFAN's Hard Rock was the perfect pop-punk album... I can listen to that from start to finish... no duds at all. I know Fat will do him justice.

This is gonna be an awesome release. I can't wait to hear who American Steel does. Its a shame The Swellers were not on this. Always thought that band reminded me of NUFAN. Still I was wondering if they would do a tribute album like this and am glad its gonna have this many awesome bands. Tony Sly was such an inspirational dude

Frank Turner recorded Keira at the request of Tony's widow.

You're right about black being a fitting tribute - it goes with the cover / mood of the album. I wouldn't mind them putting a "Fat Store" premium on top. You'll still have people buy it and that money will go to the family. Either that or an, unannounced, increased pressing of colour....1000 or so, like the NOFX albums. They have the flippers money, but they'll be stuck selling them for around retail.

• 1 month later...