PO: Windhand - Soma [9/17]

Damn. I'm thinking they won't have it in Chicago on Wednesday then. That sucks. I really want to get my hands on this ASAP and I hate having to wait until the actual release date. The store that I usually get pre-orders early from seems to be much more tight assed about not giving me my copy before the street date this time around. I was really hoping that would pan out especially for this release.

I read a couple of negative reviews about Soma but I have listened to "Woodbine" and "Cassock" all the way through and a little bit of "Orchard" and everything the negative ones complained about was not reflected as negative in my experience with those songs. I think it just takes a certain mindset to like not only the genre Windhand fall into but also this particular band themselves. They've got a unique chemistry and I guess you can't please every metalhead or moderate metalhead. I'm still psyched for this album after having digested a little under a third of the material. It warrants stating that I've read plenty of positive reviews as well.

Guest Secular Haze

Oh, no man. Ordered but didn't get yet. Electric Blue definitely looks the best but an /100 is always nice. Very cool your friend is on tour with them. One perk about this release, it's less than $100. Better than most Relapse titles these days.

Oh, no man. Ordered but didn't get yet. Electric Blue definitely looks the best but an /100 is always nice. Very cool your friend is on tour with them. One perk about this release, it's less than $100. Better than most Relapse titles these days.

Chyeah, I could've bought the /100 but talked myself out of it due to being close to $30.  Shocked how quickly it sold out but these doom bands have such cult followings I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.  Might settle for the /300 soon. 

I did talk to my buddy today but he had to leave the tour and go back to work so he didn't know when they were going to get the vinyl.  Sorry I couldn't be of help guys.

Chyeah, I could've bought the /100 but talked myself out of it due to being close to $30.  Shocked how quickly it sold out but these doom bands have such cult followings I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.  Might settle for the /300 soon. 

I did talk to my buddy today but he had to leave the tour and go back to work so he didn't know when they were going to get the vinyl.  Sorry I couldn't be of help guys.

No problem, man. Thanks for trying.

The blue looks like it will be translucent and the order page on Relapse even specifies that it will be translucent. As with all large pressings with multiple colorways there is always a chance of some marbling coming into some of the copies of any given color due to vinyl residue left on the plates from previously pressed colors in the sequence of the pressing.

Wednesday will be glorious whether they have Soma for sale or not... but it will be extra glorious if I can grab a copy that night. :D

Any Chicago folk checking this thread that are going to show? Let's meet up.

Guest Secular Haze

I asked the merch guy and he said they have a few colors and they only bring in one to the venue from the van but he had no idea if there was purple. He offered to check but I didn't want him to go back to the van and all that.

Wow.  Cool of you to ask.  Thanks McPherson!  Enjoy the show.