The Impossibles Are Back! - "Come Back" / "The Position" 7"

The Impossibles have written new music for the first time in over 12 years, and you can help them press these songs onto a LIMITED EDITION COLOR VINYL SEVEN INCH RECORD!! 

"Come Back" is the band's first return to their ska-influenced sound since 1998, and runs in the vein of songs like "Plan B," "So Much" and "(Never) Say Goodbye." B-side "The Position" is an aggressive pop rock tune with a shuffling beat to move your feet!

http://tinyurl.com/t...ssiblescomeback

I really want this, but don't want to spend $20 on two songs. I will probably wait until this comes out after this kickstarter-like campaign. I'm excited to hear the new songs and I am glad these guys are making music again. Now if they could only press 4 Song Brick Bomb...

lurker person here, signed up just to say thank you for posting this. i grabbed the $50 level without even reading the details.

hopefully getting this funded so quickly will encourage them to license/reissue the old stuff. also, in a perfect world this would somehow lead to a repress of The Stereo's "Three Hundred" LP. not holding my breath though.

Looks like the $50 packages are sold out. The test pressing deal isn't looking so bad now either but that is also gone. Still debating on whether or not I'll get this.This is probably the first "let's record a record together" kickstarter I saw that had a reasonable goal. $2,580 doesn't seem far off.

well it looks like I won't be getting the $50 option, was not expecting it to sell out less than a day after I saw it!

As for re-issues, I don't really care cause I have a copy of the Anthology Japanese press.  Though the Japnese press has 10 songs a side, which is pushing it.  If the re-issue is a double LP I might bite.  And I guess it would have to be quicker next time cause apprently people love the hell out of the impossibles on vinyl.

yeah, $20 for two songs is steep, but according to the FAQ they are testing the waters for reissuing their old albums.

I don't understand that mentality at all. Let's test the waters on pressing our old stuff by pressing new music that no one has heard?

I would love to have Anthology pressed, but that has nothing to do with not wanting to pay $20 for two new songs that I haven't listened to yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...