Official Cancer Patient/Survivor/Care Giver Support Thread

Hang in there, Seth. I'm sure there will be plenty of ups and downs throughout this ordeal but you can't let the downs defeat you. I'm sorry though. I've never had to deal with anything even close to this before and I'm sure that it's harder than I can imagine. I'm just trying to be positive for ya. Just know that we're here for ya, man. 

If i had some money id be sending you a few records to cheer you up. bums me out hearing shit like this because my brother has a heart condition so ive spent a few years on hospital floors beside his bed. it sucks more than anything but have faith that it will get better, because it will. i hope things work out for you, and everyone else who is in the same boat.

now i'm achin' to see a picture of this "awesome gash".

honestly, the fact that you can even refer to it as such tells me that you are going to kick this shit's ass. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm still blown away by all of your kind words. Sorry I never updated. Every time I tried I got too emotional. I went pretty dark about the whole thing and closed a lot of people out here and people I know personally. It was just too hard for me to talk about. Anyway, I did beat it. 1 year survivor in January. Last week I went in for routine scans and they saw some stuff that didn't look good. Their thinking it's a possible recurrence. So I have to go back for more tests Friday and try to get to the bottom of it. Hopefully it's nothing cause I'm definitely not ready to go through all of that again.

I changed the thread title. I don't want the thread to be all about me. All survivors, paitients and caretakers are encouraged to participate in the thread! It would be nice to share stories and connect with you.