PO: Tigers Jaw - Charmer

I'd be surprised if they put the PO up today, actually.  I'd like to be wrong tho.

im sayin.. usually jeff posts here or somewhere when a big PO is about to drop. that weatherbox preorder being up for weeks on SRC but not on triple crown may be an indication that SRC is doing stuff early.  i know triple crown and RFC arent related, but it could just be a SRC thing to put it up with little/no explicit notice.

Shop Radio Cast, what a company. What would happen if we pressed 3,000 copies and didn't have enough for our distributor to send SRC copies? Or what if we told our distributor to flat out not sell copies to them because they're a joke? Pretty risky thing for them to do considering the people in control of them getting copies are the ones that are going to be pissed off about them jumping the gun on pre-orders time and time again in an attempt to get more sales. 

Shop Radio Cast, what a company. What would happen if we pressed 3,000 copies and didn't have enough for our distributor to send SRC copies? Or what if we told our distributor to flat out not sell copies to them because they're a joke? Pretty risky thing for them to do considering the people in control of them getting copies are the ones that are going to be pissed off about them jumping the gun on pre-orders time and time again in an attempt to get more sales. 

thats pretty lowbally that they even send an email with the first topic as "Pre Order Now - New Tigers Jaw Album"

I don't like SRC as much as the next guy.

But this whole pre-order business - this is nothing new for most online record stores. They go through distros.

Labels send information to distros.

Stores look at distro list.

Puts up for pre-order to judge a possible amount needed to order.

For a label to get angry about this seems pretty juvenile to me. Seems like if you don't want it sold through anyone but you then don't send any info.

I don't like SRC as much as the next guy.

But this whole pre-order business - this is nothing new for most online record stores. They go through distros.

Labels send information to distros.

Stores look at distro list.

Puts up for pre-order to judge a possible amount needed to order.

For a label to get angry about this seems pretty juvenile to me. Seems like if you don't want it sold through anyone but you then don't send any info.

This.