MCS - "I Am The Movie" Re-Release w/New Footage?

TFP

I haven't heard what they're doing with their drummer situation?  Did they make the guy in the video permanent?  I certainly hope so, guy rocks live & seems to have been affiliated with the band for a while.  I remember him filling in when the other drummer couldn't play during a show in like 2010 or so.  Why bring in anyone else?

Anyone else attend Warped this year & catch their set?  They played 1 new song (possibly featured as a bonus track with this?), though they seemed to indicate a new LP, but who knows.  But that new track was fucking awesome.  Not saying there was any MCS release I haven't enjoyed, but this new song eclipsed...just about everything almost.  Such fun energy.  I'm not sure if it's the new drummer guy bringing it to the table, but I hope the direction they went with this new song isn't a path they stray too far from for a while.  I'm excited as hell for the next step of Motion City Soundtrack.

And I get to see them for free this weekend.  They're from the Twin Cities in Minnesota and a local (I think) popular pizza shop Pizza Luce is hosting a free block party downtown Minneapolis August 10th that Motion is headlining.  Killer local metal band After The Burial also plays, along with an array of other types of music throughout the day.  If anyone on the board in the area, gonna be a fun time no doubt, and free of charge.

I haven't heard what they're doing with their drummer situation?  Did they make the guy in the video permanent?  I certainly hope so, guy rocks live & seems to have been affiliated with the band for a while.  I remember him filling in when the other drummer couldn't play during a show in like 2010 or so.  Why bring in anyone else?

He's the new permanent drummer. His name is Claudio Rivera, and he was the drummer for Saves the Day up until Tony quit MCS. He's from the band's hometown, and was their drum tech for as long as I can remember. Also, he played some shows with them when Tony was recovering from arm surgery.

The new Motion City song is called Inside Out, they mentioned before playing it tonight that it'd be on the new album they're working on, or "album #6" I believe they said, so I don't think that'll be a part of this rerelease, but rather a near future full length album.  I'd like to reiterate how good the song is though, just heard it for the second time tonight, I recommend checking it out.  Lots of energy, a real fun track.  Not sure if or where it's available, maybe some Warped Tour videos captured it, I don't think it's on iTunes or anything yet.

• 9 months later...

And I get to see them for free this weekend.  They're from the Twin Cities in Minnesota and a local (I think) popular pizza shop Pizza Luce is hosting a free block party downtown Minneapolis August 10th that Motion is headlining.  Killer local metal band After The Burial also plays, along with an array of other types of music throughout the day.  If anyone on the board in the area, gonna be a fun time no doubt, and free of charge.

I love Motion City almost as much as I love Pizza Luce!!!

I'm surprised the DVD is sold out.  Has anyone heard any information on the new album and/or that Inside Out track they were playing?  I attended their I Am The Movie acoustic set, along with the "pop up" surprise concert the following evening about a week ago, which included a Q & A with the band, but it was never addressed, nor did they play Inside Out.  I'm thinking the release of the DVD has delayed the project, so they're not releasing 2 things at once...?  But who knows.  I just hope that new song doesn't disappear into the abyss, it's way too good. 

I'm surprised the DVD is sold out.  Has anyone heard any information on the new album and/or that Inside Out track they were playing?  I attended their I Am The Movie acoustic set, along with the "pop up" surprise concert the following evening about a week ago, which included a Q & A with the band, but it was never addressed, nor did they play Inside Out.  I'm thinking the release of the DVD has delayed the project, so they're not releasing 2 things at once...?  But who knows.  I just hope that new song doesn't disappear into the abyss, it's way too good.

There was a rumor (confirmed when I asked about it in Charleston, SC) that there was going to be a picture disc 7" single of Inside/Out, I think they said in the Fall.

Im quite surprised as well. I really was not expecting this to sell out at all. Im glad I got my hands on a copy of the dvd.

They've been playing Inside Out since October, so I doubt it'll disappear. But no, I haven't heard anything.

Actually earlier than this. They played it at Warped last year.