PO: Russian Circles - Memorial (Media Mail back on Hello $5.50)

A boxset wouldn't happen until atleast 6-12 months from now. They're entering a new album cycle - tons of touring and press surrounding it. They'd cannibalize a ton of interest and sales by dropping something else anywhere near it's release. The idea is to run the circuit on this album. And when interest starts to wane, gain it back with something else.

A boxset wouldn't happen until atleast 6-12 months from now. They're entering a new album cycle - tons of touring and press surrounding it. They'd cannibalize a ton of interest and sales by dropping something else anywhere near it's release. The idea is to run the circuit on this album. And when interest starts to wane, gain it back with something else.

How long have you been managing the band?

Just kidding; you're probably right.

Hmm, I just got media mail shipping for $5.50 through paypal...

Corroborated. A whole lot of bitching and media mail comes back. See? We really can affect change.

I went through the purchase process using my login and when you get to a certain point, it has the media mail option available regardless of payment type.

Corroborated. A whole lot of bitching and media mail comes back. See? We really can affect change.

I went through the purchase process using my login and when you get to a certain point, it has the media mail option available regardless of payment type.

I went in and cancelled my initial order after reading this, and submitted a new one containing vinyl exclusively.  The additional $30 or so just isn't worth the shirt and [folded] poster for me.  I'll gladly hand the band my cash when I pick up a shirt during their U.S. tour next year.

I cancelled my PO and re-ordered Memorial with the media mail option and Chelsea's (I can wait, though one board member was willing to pick them up at shows and media mail).  Didn't want the shirt that badly right now, we'll see if we can get to a show if that changes.

This may be old news, well at least 50 people old, because I didn't get the slipmat bonus, but SH has 5 LPs  for $55 + media mail ($7). (I live on the East Coast.)  I stocked up some more Christmas /birthday presents.  At first I had 5 Empros's loaded up, and then decided to diversify a little bit  ;)  $12.40 ppd is not too bad for LP these days.  Still didn't beat IVWT's going out of business sale last year, but better than what I paid for my other copies.

http://hellomerch.com/collections/sargent-house/products/5-lps-for-55

• 2 weeks later...

Great read courtesy of Premiere Guitar.  Not sure if I could possibly be any more eager to hear the album at this point.

it was a great read and the detailed instrumentation stuff was great - even if you're not a nerd.  Just to hear how the different sounds are discovered: sometimes accidently like Sullivan having to use Brian's bass amp heads, and the critique process in recording, engineering, mixing, etc.  Brian's tour blogs have been fun, too, but this was great techie, not over the top though.