Electronic Cigarette Discussion

Sold all my mechs today. Ordered a used iPV2s and Aspire Atlantis and this will be my only set-up for quite sometime! I really don't want to start smoking cigarettes regularly again but over time I could not stand the maintenance that goes with mech/drip vaping. The plug-and-play aspect of boxmods and these newer sub-ohm clearomizers seem to be exactly what I've been looking for. I basically got the same set-up as my wife and she swears by this combo.

I picked up an Atlantis a week ago to see what the hype was about and I do understand it. For being a clearo tank the airflow and flavor is phenomenal and I've def enjoyed it. I think the tank is right at home around 30-35watts.

I'll def be tearing apart the stock coils and rebuilding soon. I just don't see spending $5 a head when I can rebuild for about $.10 and 15min but it's all about personal pref.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the setup and as long as it keeps you off the analogues that's what matters

83mrwfz5.jpg

This combo has definitely rekindled my love for vaping. This mod is small enough to not be a hassle to carry and I love getting those low resistance hits from a clearomizer. Also as someone mentioned a few pages back I ordered some of that jizmoglobin GWAR juice. It's pretty good, although it's a bit too nutty (no pun intended) on the exhale. I signed my wife up for a juice subscription at craftvapery.com for her birthday and bumped it up an extra bottle, I'll vape whatever she doesn't really care for. The first box she got was actually pretty great, she got some custard flavored juice from a company called Ragtime and it was by far the best custard flavor I've ever tried. They have a promo going on right on if anyone is interest, I believe it's 50% off your first subscription. If that promo is over then code: POINTLESS should work (ala the Pointless Podcast).

The kanger will be better for flavor and the optional building deck. the atlantis is far better for vapor production. either one is really good. the only problem i don't like is the subtank is 25mm wide. the atlantis's only problem is the flavor dependent on juice. a lot of juices don't work well in it.. you don't get all the notes associated with a dripper unfortunately. 

also if anyone has tried teleos juice. their new CRUNCH breakfast cereal vape is spot on. it's crunch berries in milk. and without all the horrid chalky aftertaste that most crunch berry cereal vapes give you. 

My current set up is a Tugboat v1 on a Sigelei Plus box mod and so far I have been loving it. Until today when I tried to build 22g on it. I was getting crazy ohm readouts, .06 with 22g 8 wrap. This thing doesn't fire below .15, but that build should have been way above .15.

I can't tell if my atty or box is messed up. Either way, I hate these 10 wrap coils I have. I may switch back to my Manhattan and grab one of those Atlantis tanks for my box.

My current set up is a Tugboat v1 on a Sigelei Plus box mod and so far I have been loving it. Until today when I tried to build 22g on it. I was getting crazy ohm readouts, .06 with 22g 8 wrap. This thing doesn't fire below .15, but that build should have been way above .15.

I can't tell if my atty or box is messed up. Either way, I hate these 10 wrap coils I have. I may switch back to my Manhattan and grab one of those Atlantis tanks for my box.

yeah, that's not right.. 22g 8 wrap just be around a 2.1 or something. if it's all wonky and reading incorrectly, it's most likely you screws aren't tightened correctly or your shorting out somewhere. without looking at it, i can't say what's wrong. take it to a shop and let htem see what it's at on a ohm reader.. 

today i got a derringer rda. it's the size of a penny from top to bottom.. so sweet

That Derringer atty looks awesome. I'm going to try to pick one up as well.

I got a Veritas yesterday from a trade and it's pretty damn awesome. Just threw a noob build on it and flavor is fantastic but I'll prob try a dual vertical this weekend.

Haven't tried the Crunch from Telos but the others I have tried are really damn good, makes up for the $20+ for a 30mL. I highly recommend the Telos cloud science Gamma 

Also, there a Kanger subtank mini and nano coming out that will be a 22mm footprint instead of the 25 or whatever the current one is. I believe only the mini will have clearo/rda capabilities like the current one

• 3 weeks later...

That Derringer atty looks awesome. I'm going to try to pick one up as well.

I got a Veritas yesterday from a trade and it's pretty damn awesome. Just threw a noob build on it and flavor is fantastic but I'll prob try a dual vertical this weekend.

Haven't tried the Crunch from Telos but the others I have tried are really damn good, makes up for the $20+ for a 30mL. I highly recommend the Telos cloud science Gamma 

Also, there a Kanger subtank mini and nano coming out that will be a 22mm footprint instead of the 25 or whatever the current one is. I believe only the mini will have clearo/rda capabilities like the current one

you'll have to wait till march or april. they are in production and not scheduled to be finished till then. unless you get a clone. 

all teleos and cloud science juices are probably some of the cleanest juice i've ever tried next to alpha. 

i hate the veritas. i hate building on them.. but the vape is amazing. 

we just got some ego-1's. holy shit they are awesome. .5 ohm coils and the battery and atty are sleek and are small as hell. we got delta II's coming in soon. apparently they're better than the atlantis. 

if anyone is gonna get a  atlantis, wait and get the science of vaping atty that takes them. way better looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I posted here a while ago. I am a research scientist, working in the progression of lung disease field. Mainly COPD and adenocarcinoma caused from cigarette smoke. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but letting you all know that the research on e-cigs is now coming out. Recently, a reputable journal posted an article stating the vapor induces toxicity, oxidative stress, and inflammatory response in lung epithelial cells and in mouse lung.

So, take this into consideration that the vape companies do not know what they are selling. Be careful guys.

Hi. I posted here a while ago. I am a research scientist, working in the progression of lung disease field. Mainly COPD and adenocarcinoma caused from cigarette smoke. I'm not telling you how to live your life, but letting you all know that the research on e-cigs is now coming out. Recently, a reputable journal posted an article stating the vapor induces toxicity, oxidative stress, and inflammatory response in lung epithelial cells and in mouse lung.

So, take this into consideration that the vape companies do not know what they are selling. Be careful guys.

There's this guy (Mrs Butterworth) who hangs out at a local music venue that I frequent and uses this maple syrup shit that stinks up the whole bar. 

he's a complete douche and I hate him.   The fact that it is going to kill him almost makes it worth it.

actually almost all juice manufactures will tell you what they are selling. 95% of the manufacturers we deal with can tell you the exact purity levels of every ingredient. most can have a msds sent from their suppliers. it's not uncommon. yes there are some crappy juice makers, but like any other shitty vendor, we stay clear of them. it's actually a really self regulating industry. if one vendor has a known carcinogen in their ingredients (Ex: cuttwood, having icing whitener) they wouldn't be around much longer if it was purposely done. the only thing vendors won't tell you about is flavorings due to the nature of giving their secrets away. anything else and all will tell you what's in them since they all only care 4 diff ingredients (Pg/vg/nic/flavorings). now, the ones that keep everything secret (most high distro/blu and crap like that) are usually not used by most vapers. just the occasional person looking to quit, but can't because BLU's SUCK BALLS and don't help by any means. 

also the  tests you linked to have already been done before time and time again.. i really hope they were not done in a environment with the same structure as the whole formaldehyde testing. oof. from the pics and jargon i would assume so. the whole formaldehyde debacle, 4 scientists got their asses handed to them and then they started to backpedal soon after. IFLS was made too look the fool for even publishing it. now everyone and their mother is claiming it too be true even though the testing was proven wrong. much like the link you led me too. also mice used in nicotine experiments are usually not the best case since their bodies react differently to nicotine aerosols than humans. and why were pics taken to simulate what the atomizer looks like under certain time conditions. no atomizer looks like that (burning red) unless it's dry (which will then completely give off carcinogens due to the reason behind dry firing it). all that, and the testing seemed a bit shoddy to me. and they used some of the worst juices imaginable. shit you get at the gas station. that stuff is awful and probably industrial or food grade ingredients (well i know one of them is for sure). most likely full of contaminants. uck.

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong on so many levels on your post.

The IL-8 regulation with use of e-cigarettes is completely novel.

No one said anything about carcinogens. It's about ROS.

Mice and human not reacting the same? My research alone can vouch that statement is incorrect, and the decades of research before mine. They used human cells as well.

"We steer clear of them", listen. You are not a majority. Its like craft beer craze. The majority is more important than a clique.

Those images were probably for those who never have seen one up close.

See, that mentality is not helping any one who wants a "right to vape". This is peer reviewed research, by scientists who have been studying molecular biology all of their adult life. They literally spend 60hrs a week studying this... and yet, you know better. Ok.

Seems like these health reports solely exist in a vacuum.

And your comparison to craft beer seems like you simply don't like either "community" which is fine, but show us some legitimate/credible information because your statements on a record collecting message board don't hold much water.

Here's a comparison that may make more sense. Vinyl sales are on the rise, but more Crosley turntables are purchased than anything else.

And by legitimate/credible information... you mean peer reviewed, scientific literature isn't either? Oh. Apparently everyone in the scientific community should just start believing vapor companies I guess?

Of course, believe the companies who take your money. Of course they have your best interest in mind. What do I gain from you stopping?

Here's a comparison that may make more sense. Vinyl sales are on the rise, but more Crosley turntables are purchased than anything else.

And by legitimate/credible information... you mean peer reviewed, scientific literature isn't either? Oh. Apparently everyone in the scientific community should just start believing vapor companies I guess?

Of course, believe the companies who take your money. Of course they have your best interest in mind. What do I gain from you stopping?

Again, I don't see any links to actual articles from reputable sources. You also seem to be very defensive which is odd.

You make it sound like we're 100% dedicated to the act regardless of the repercussions, most of us went to vaping from cigarettes because there is irrefutable proof of the dangers associated with cigarette use- meaning we obviously give a fuck about our health in one way or another.

I guarantee you if you if I saw credible evidence that vaping is as dangerous I wouldn't do it, but just saying you can prove it and actually showing us proof are two very different things. No need to get mad, just back your statements.

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong on so many levels on your post.

The IL-8 regulation with use of e-cigarettes is completely novel.

No one said anything about carcinogens. It's about ROS.

Mice and human not reacting the same? My research alone can vouch that statement is incorrect, and the decades of research before mine. They used human cells as well.

"We steer clear of them", listen. You are not a majority. Its like craft beer craze. The majority is more important than a clique.

Those images were probably for those who never have seen one up close.

See, that mentality is not helping any one who wants a "right to vape". This is peer reviewed research, by scientists who have been studying molecular biology all of their adult life. They literally spend 60hrs a week studying this... and yet, you know better. Ok.

The carginogens was an example of how the community regulates itself. Nothing more.

Peer reviewed research can be mistakenly bias as well. scientists have gone on record about ecig research only to have their tests completely debunked due to their skewed testing. Just like the formaldehyde testing months back.