I'm getting a cat, how do I protect my records?

Yes, it is.

I don't get your gimmick.

I suppose it's technically an idiom. 

It's not that much of a gimmick though. I have collected cats and records for years. 

I figured some legitimate advice based on experience might be welcome in a thread regarding cats and records. 

Perhaps I'll switch it up to puns. 

Like if it scratches your records, it will be a catastrophe. Or cats and records get along purrfectly.

Guest mastenator

Okay after reading this I decided to just kill myself instead

Just remember if no one finds your body for a while the cat will eat your face and genitals.

I suppose it's technically an idiom. 

It's not that much of a gimmick though. I have collected cats and records for years. 

I figured some legitimate advice based on experience might be welcome in a thread regarding cats and records. 

Perhaps I'll switch it up to puns. 

Like if it scratches your records, it will be a catastrophe. Or cats and records get along purrfectly.

I'm puzzled by you. Tell me more about collecting cats? Did you misspell caps by chance?

I've posted these before, but in the interest of actually being helpful:

9468270415_8c6293f2a7_z.jpg

Boom.  20 bucks per "door" at ikea, you have to assemble them without the bottom shelf in order for LPs to fit inside and unfortunately they can't stand up straight because of the hinges.  Here's an old pic with the doors open:

8859425944_3174fcac71_z.jpg

If you do end up with a cat with a propensity for scratching/clawing/biting records, put a scratching post next to the expedit (after blocking the records of course) and it should help curb the bad habit.  Or like Brian mentioned if they can go in another room entirely with the door shut, that would of course be ideal.

And those that are saying get a dog instead, I remember a while back some dude had his roommate's dog completely destroy his Sigur Ros box set or some shit.  So yeah, suck on them apples.

Since then, I've had 6 different cats (Yeah, that's right. fuck you, I like cats.) none of them bother my records.

They're all in polybags in expedits.

I keep my cats in polybags as well. Too many to fit in my expedit at this point

i dunno, my cat doesn't do any of those things. he is pretty rad and a total softie. people who hate cats just haven't met the right cat B)

Amen to that.  I have a Siamese.  He's the biggest, coolest, most awesomest cat ever.  He would never do anything to hurt my reckas.  Cats are a great pet if you know how to treat them.  And the cat box doesn't have to stink up the place if you keep it cleaned.  I clean mine on the daily, only takes 30 seconds....  Lots of people just don't like cats because they aren't like a dog.  Completely different animal in almost every way.