Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

Yeah... That would totally be fair to everyone who can't be in NY on that night, not to mention would totally stop all the people who would then immediately bring this to eBay who happen to live in the NY area and picked this up because a fan in, say, California, couldn't be there.

If I, for one, would be lucky enough to get the record, I would happily give/sell/whatever my ticket away. It's unfortunate I can't go but I still want the record.

This isn't worth stressing over brother. Look at it this way, this EP wasn't that great, sounded like dump, is old at this point, and will be awfully overpriced in general. It will also be a complete cluster-fuck when it comes to POs and eBay.

In other words; one would get a lot more enjoyment watching people flip-out over this thing than they would listening to it on a turntable.

After thinking about this a bit it seems like this ticket presale will just give you early access to be able to create whichever color vinyl you want (with 120 different variations available, not a /120 pressing with each being unique). They will most likely be single sided clear vinyl with the colors screen printed onto the b side. So this will be similar to the shirts you got to design for the 7" box set.

Some time after the initial run is printed up for the people who buy tickets they should be opening up the vinyl creating tool to everyone else.

.maybe they pressed them all as solid colors and they're going to cut them up and glue them together again and then cut them up again and glue them back as solid colors then Screen print them a different color then cut them up and send you three peices and then you can glue them together and then put your ear up to it and hear the ocean then throw it away.

I think it is limited to 120 total. 1 of each combo. It says limited to 120 and it also says own 1 out of 120.

I'm going under the assumption that the only thing limited to 120 is the ticket/vinyl bundle. Tickets to show are available separately, and I think the vinyl will be eventually as well (due to the "be the first to own...before it's available to the public").

These guys like to be weird and seem unfair but they also like money. You can't possibly be rolling in money from playing 10 shows a year and selling t shirts online. Press a couple thousand clear records and let people pick what colors they screen print onto them and they will make a killing off the kids who *need* as many combos as possible.

"be the first to own 1 of 120 vinyl color combinations before its available to the public"

does this line not imply the following?

1. theres 120 color combos, not 120 records (ie. 120 color combos spread across say - 1000 or 2000 records. think the vinyl bong that converge has done).

2. available first to people that order tix/record combo, then to the public by themselves

if im wrong, ill be the first to admit it but to me its basically in plain english. if only 120 actual records existed, they wouldnt even say these are going to be available to the public because they will be gone before thats even possible. oh, and there is no way on earth it would even be cost effective make these if they only made a 120 of them. im pretty sure anyone that presses records on this board could confirm that.

"be the first to own 1 of 120 vinyl color combinations before its available to the public"

does this line not imply the following?

1. theres 120 color combos, not 120 records (ie. 120 color combos spread across say - 1000 or 2000 records. think the vinyl bong that converge has done).

2. available first to people that order tix/record combo, then to the public

if im wrong, ill be the first to admit it but to me its basically in plain english. if only 120 actual records existed, they wouldnt even say these are going to be available to the public because they will be gone before thats even possible. oh, and there is no way on earth it would even be cost effective make these if they only made a 120 of them. im pretty sure anyone that presses records on this board could confirm that.

sound logic here.

Also, they changed the wording on this. Originally in the lower left corner it said "Sold exclusively online, limited to 120. Sale starts 08.16.13 at 12 Noon EST"

Now that portion says "Sold exclusively online. Sale starts 08.16.13 at 12 Noon EST"

I'm more surprised that this many people liked The Coloring Book EP and aren't upset that this isn't new material.

I like this EP quite a bit. 

I'm so confused by this.  But I'm gonna try my damnedest to get my hands on it

Me too.  On both accounts.

I don't know. they confuse me.

I'll offer the same deal to anyone who wants the ticket, I'll order and keep the vinyl and you get the ticket for a certain price. I guess it will depend on the price of the bundle... lets say 30% of total cost and you get the ticket. If the bundle is $50 you get the ticket for $15. I need to know in advance though so I can order with someone elses name for will call. otherwise I will just be buying with my name and the ticket will go to waste. I helped someone else out like that before with the skate decks. just let me know if anyone is interested.

It kind of reminds me of the Flaming Lips "Neon Indian(?)" release.. I think it was that release where there were a bunch of different randomly inserted variants?

Also, can you imagine trying to submit each of these variants to the Discogs server? That would be a HUGE list for this EP. Dudes can't even get Brand New's "TDGARIM" to have a corrected list.

If this is a 10" or one-sided 12", I'm fuckin' out. There's too much sound on this goddamn recording to skimp on making a good quality record.

And stop with all the goddamn speculation. This glassjaw shit gets so convoluted and everyone explodes. They gave us a date and time and product, which is more than glassjaw has ever given us before.

Lets talk about how deep the rhythm is going to sound on this.