Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

Just now, jaxvinyl said:

As a customer I know it’s inconvenient having a random on-sale time, but them specifying the exact time basically renders this drop impossible. Anyone with a head on their shoulders was gonna be on the site at noon EST anyways just in case, but at least there’d be a FEW less people trying. 

exactly. such a bummer, man.

This is what I don't get.

I agree with tokimedo about the band enjoying watching the world burn. It's got to be a weird fetish of theirs to watch us claw each others eyes out for a piece of plastic. So why not take all 120 and list them simultaneously on ebay or their own version of an auction site, which I'm sure Beck can figure out how to build that. Watch us, in real time, kill each other and let the market determine what each record is worth. Plus they are retaining the flip profits. 

3 minutes ago, heyjoespin said:

This is what I don't get.

I agree with tokimedo about the band enjoying watching the world burn. It's got to be a weird fetish of theirs to watch us claw each others eyes out for a piece of plastic. So why not take all 120 and list them simultaneously on ebay or their own version of an auction site, which I'm sure Beck can figure out how to build that. Watch us, in real time, kill each other and let the market determine what each record is worth. Plus they are retaining the flip profits. 

I think they create scarcity and thereby add value to the brand. Also they don't sell it on auction to give a chance for not rich fans to buy it.