Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

15 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

Pretty sure there is a 30 day limit on preorders for ebay. Not sure what the penalty is or if they even enforce it. 

I also thought you could stock check the sellers, and if they didn't have the items in hand, they had to take em down. Can't remember where I saw that.

55 minutes ago, Sjchecchia said:

I also thought you could stock check the sellers, and if they didn't have the items in hand, they had to take em down. Can't remember where I saw that.

The policy you're mentioning is the case for Discogs. They don't allow pre-sales. This is the policy for eBay: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252

43 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

How much was shipping to EU? I paid $24.99 for shipping through merchdirect. 

$15.67, here is my bill :

GLASSJAW ‘COLORING BOOK’ BLUE RED GREEN EP × 1
VINYL

$45.00

Subtotal

$45.00

Shipping

$15.67

Taxes

$0.00

Total

$60.67 USD

Shipping to France !

2 hours ago, tipyourbartender said:

Pretty sure there is a 30 day limit on preorders for ebay. Not sure what the penalty is or if they even enforce it. 

Just like paypal, they don't. Want scam someone on paypal? Delay your preorder out of the 180 day window and paypal will tell people they're shit out of luck if something goes wrong and they haven't opened a case inside the window.

2 hours ago, tipyourbartender said:

I think this is only enforced if the buyer opens a case. There were a ton of T.Swift records on ebay that were muchhh longer than 30 days, but seems if the buyer doesn't complain, the seller gets away with it.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

3 minutes ago, Rip said:

Quick question because I don’t feel like going through every page to find this: did these have locked grooves at the end of each section or do you need to watch this thing like a hawk so it doesn’t break your needle in half?

Locked grooves. Flipping the rings over is annoying. You have to sort of guess which song is on each side. There’s also (obviously) no fade into the next track like at the end of Black Nurse, instead it just rings out for a second or two and then fades. 

I checked the run time of Black Nurse last night and it’s about 1-2 shower than the mp3 version but it could have just been my mistake in timing. 

2 hours ago, andrewlucas said:

Locked grooves. Flipping the rings over is annoying. You have to sort of guess which song is on each side. There’s also (obviously) no fade into the next track like at the end of Black Nurse, instead it just rings out for a second or two and then fades. 

I checked the run time of Black Nurse last night and it’s about 1-2 shower than the mp3 version but it could have just been my mistake in timing. 

Wait, the songs don’t play in the regular order?  Why would they be in a random order?  Unless I’m misunderstanding 

Edited by Rip

22 hours ago, Negron said:

If anyone wanted to get a refund for any mistaken multiples they cannot afford/want, Merch Direct refunded my extras as of this morning.

Mark it as a technical issue through their FAQ.

They refused to refund me today with almost the boilerplate answer: "Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your order as all sales are final."

Edited by IndigoHollow

31 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

They refused to refund me today with almost the boilerplate answer: "Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel your order as all sales are final."

I get that all sales are final once these things ship, but it seems bananas to me to not let people cancel their orders considering the site was in a disarray all day, and before these things are even getting packaged up. It opens up the inventory again for other people to get a copy too

9 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

Weird, I got a message today from Merch Direct asking if I wanted to cancel one of my duplicate orders. I really dont see how they can refuse,  id try talking to someone else or file a claim with paypal/credit/debit card company.

Edited by Steady7

On 2/17/2021 at 6:09 PM, Steady7 said:

Weird, I got a message today from Merch Direct asking if I wanted to cancel one of my duplicate orders. I really dont see how they can refuse,  id try talking to someone else or file a claim with paypal/credit/debit card company.

He sold it to me instead, all is well.