Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

8 hours ago, dapeebs said:

My inner 7” wasn’t properly set and came loose. Pretty scuffed and scratched. Not too hopeful of a replacement from

merchdirect so hopefully my Revolver copy doesn’t come as fucked up.

Just got my copy in CA, couldn't be more disappointed. Flimsy mailer with no reinforcement ended up getting crushed; cover has a 1" gash and creases all over; inner rings ripped through their slots so the gatefold is torn up. And of course each disc is scratched to hell - I can't even put it away without the 7" sliding all the way out. For anyone who wants to see the carnage. At least the CD was wrapped in bubble wrap 🙄

Emailing MerchDirect about my options. Maybe I'll get a replacement cover?

Edited by iDealélan
tense is tough

1 hour ago, iDealélan said:

Just got my copy in CA, couldn't be more disappointed. Flimsy mailer with no reinforcement ended up getting crushed; cover has a 1" gash and creases all over; inner rings ripped through their slots so the gatefold is torn up. And of course each disc is scratched to hell - I can't even put it away without the 7" sliding all the way out. For anyone who wants to see the carnage. At least the CD was wrapped in bubble wrap 🙄

That looks like most mailers out there, not flimsy at all... sucks it came damaged, but it isn't the fault of the mailer.

45 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

That looks like most mailers out there, not flimsy at all... sucks it came damaged, but it isn't the fault of the mailer.

True it’s not just the fault of the mailer. This may be a base-level mailer, but a lot of what I’m getting these days comes in something much sturdier (i.e. Deathwish, MerchNow or TTL).  In the end - a better mailer could have kept the gatefold from getting torn and creased.

Considering these contain 3 loose records, is it unreasonable to expect a better mailer than this?

Edited by iDealélan

53 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Mighty mailers are becoming the norm and with the price of records these days, no one should be using anything else. With the price they're charging for vinyl and shipping, if they're cutting costs on mailers they deserve some backlash imo.

30 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

True it’s not just the fault of the mailer. This may be a base-level mailer, but a lot of what I’m getting these days comes in something much sturdier (i.e. Deathwish, MerchNow or TTL).  In the end - a better mailer could have kept the gatefold from getting torn and creased.

Considering these contain 3 loose records, is it unreasonable to expect a better mailer than this?

7 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Mighty mailers are becoming the norm and with the price of records these days, no one should be using anything else. With the price they're charging for vinyl and shipping, if they're cutting costs on mailers they deserve some backlash imo.

I'll be honest: I think whatever mailer you put these in, you're likely to see these kind of issues anyway.

The packaging for the records seems...less than ideal.

Not trying to take away from the frustration of receiving damaged records, but the only way I see to prevent damage on these would be to ship the record(s) itself outside of the cover, each with their own little sealed poly sleeve secured in place with some kind of adhesive, whether tape or otherwise.

2 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Not trying to take away from the frustration of receiving damaged records, but the only way I see to prevent damage on these would be to ship the record(s) itself outside of the cover, each with their own little sealed poly sleeve secured in place with some kind of adhesive, whether tape or otherwise.

Agreed, full prevention just isn't really feasible for a record designed like this. I do see enough folks getting theirs in decent condition, so with any luck I'm one of the outliers.

14 hours ago, dapeebs said:

My inner 7” wasn’t properly set and came loose. Pretty scuffed and scratched. Not too hopeful of a replacement from

merchdirect so hopefully my Revolver copy doesn’t come as fucked up.

brutal. this is why I was surprised of the pic showing the way the the rings where in the sleeve, I figured they would slide around and either damage the sleeve or scratch the record. hopefully it's not too widespread and MD will make things right.

8 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah. Wasn't in great shape. Corners are sharp, but there's some internal pocket wear (tearing). The records do not stay in place. It's gonna have to be stored flat.

Or you could put them in a record frame!

Or, I would buy individual 12”, 10” and 7” plain jackets and store each piece separately. It would make the assembly process even more of a pfaff, ‘cause why not. 

1 hour ago, Boaty McBoatface said:

Or you could put them in a record frame!

Or, I would buy individual 12”, 10” and 7” plain jackets and store each piece separately. It would make the assembly process even more of a pfaff, ‘cause why not. 

I might do the sleeve thing. It's pretty thin, so it's no huge deal to lay it stop a cube of records.

14 hours ago, iDealélan said:

Jeez, all of it is horrible. They should refund the entire amount back to you, or send a replacement (although I doubt they have any).

4 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Sure did. “All sales are final.” Going to keep trying for a replacement cover.

Maybe try the chargeback route and see if you get better results? You ordered a new record, not a hot steaming pile of shit that is entirely damaged and skips when you play it. I'd say you didn't get what you ordered....

2 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Sure did. “All sales are final.” Going to keep trying for a replacement cover.

After going on a bit of a tirade about how insane this was packaged and shipped, that’s all I essentially asked for. Seeing as this the only black copy I picked up, I’d still love a replacement jacket, but I don’t see that happening. Lemme know how it turns out for you, I think I’m done trying to run a dry well and just gonna hit up my card peeps.

21 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Maybe try the chargeback route and see if you get better results? You ordered a new record, not a hot steaming pile of shit that is entirely damaged and skips when you play it. I'd say you didn't get what you ordered....

That’s next for sure. If we’re going the “terms & agreements” route, this isn’t what I agreed to in the sales contract.

18 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

After going on a bit of a tirade about how insane this was packaged and shipped, that’s all I essentially asked for. Seeing as this the only black copy I picked up, I’d still love a replacement jacket, but I don’t see that happening. Lemme know how it turns out for you, I think I’m done trying to run a dry well and just gonna hit up my card peeps.

Will do. Also trying to tweet MerchDirect and GJ in case their social support teams are better equipped. This is assuming a lot 😕 

Edited by iDealélan

47 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

That’s next for sure. If we’re going the “terms & agreements” route, this isn’t what I agreed to in the sales contract.

Will do. Also trying to tweet MerchDirect and GJ in case their social support teams are better equipped. This is assuming a lot 😕 

I battled MD trying to get a refund on a Deftones shirt I ordered.  I emailed, tweeted, and DM'd a bunch of times and got zero response.  The only thing that got my fucking refund was tracking down their phone number and actually calling them.