Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

22 minutes ago, highfives said:

I battled MD trying to get a refund on a Deftones shirt I ordered.  I emailed, tweeted, and DM'd a bunch of times and got zero response.  The only thing that got my fucking refund was tracking down their phone number and actually calling them.

Edit: Fairly easy to find (631) 891-0134

Edited by iDealélan

4 minutes ago, iDealélan said:

Really interested in that phone number. Can you DM me or share it?

This was a while ago, so I'm not sure if this number is legit anymore or not.  (631) 891-0134. 

If that one doesn't work, this one could be it:  (631) 891-0111

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Merchdirect-LLC-631-891-0111

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.merchdirect_llc.fa7d1dbe556eb7885c3255c55278f9fc.html

I received my copy from MD today. No issues with the mailer. The jacket is all good. The discs rings were in their slots correctly too. Considering myself lucky. If a ring displaced it could cause issues quick because of no inner sleeves, just small slots for each disc inside the gatefold.

I gave it a spin too. There's no way to tell what is side A/B on the discs, so after I set them on the table I dropped the needle on each disc ring to confirm all were side A first. Only had to flip over the outer ring.

Only sound quality issues to note is track 5 (middle disc, side B ) had popping/crackling throughout. Hopefully it's just a quality control issue and isn't common for other copies. Also, track 3 (inner disc, side A) ends with over a minute of silence before hitting the runout groove. Not sure what the point of that was.

Overall, cool novelty record to own but super inconvenient to listen to haha.

53 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

Giving how shitty GJ seems at fan-relations, I have zero qualms with taking this route if my product ends up in shit shape

Exactly. The damage isn’t that bad, but for what this is, how much it cost, the way it was shipped, the bullshit response and no second response, I have no qualms filling a claim.

Edited by MyEnemy

6 minutes ago, cautionthieves said:

Anyone else appalled that 7 years after the first run, this mass produced second pressing still isn't at all practical for playing?

I mean...it's 2021, who honestly gives a fuck about Glassjaw beyond nostalgia? I haven't seriously listened to this band since probably 2006/7

9 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Anyone else appalled that 7 years after the first run, this mass produced second pressing still isn't at all practical for playing?

I can't say I'm surprised though. Beck loooooooves to get cashed up from his fanbase only to piss them off to no end.

Based on how the original promo poster described the vinyl 

"Be the first to own 1 of 120 color combinations before it's available to the public"

spacer.png

I really think these were all made at the same time, and because they took so long to actually get made, they just decided to ship the original 120 to the people that ordered, and sit on the rest until the right moment. 

But obviously just speculation on my part.

Got mine today. Arrived pretty fucked up as everyone else’s. Couple scuffs on the actual records too from sliding all around ☹️ Just curious for those that got a decent copy, hows the sound quality? I tried spinning a couple n the surface noise is unbearable! Not sure if that’s in general or because mine got beat up so bad in the mail...

11 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

Based on how the original promo poster described the vinyl 

"Be the first to own 1 of 120 color combinations before it's available to the public"

spacer.png

I really think these were all made at the same time, and because they took so long to actually get made, they just decided to ship the original 120 to the people that ordered, and sit on the rest until the right moment. 

That was my line of thinking too. Given it took 15 months for the first run to be produced, I have no doubt that he got a heap more made and held onto them until the right moment arose.

11 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

When I picked it up from the shitty package it did have a “dusty” dead stock feel to it and the shrink wrap seemed old. I’ve seen pictures of sealed copies that also make it seem like they’ve sat around for some years.