Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

'vinyl as a hat and necklace for size reference'

Did anyone else see this update on Discogs...brilliant!

I haven't figured out how to add images to a post yet, but look for the last image on the discog listing; 

https://www.discogs.com/release/18211051?utm_campaign=release-update&utm_source=relationship&utm_medium=pm

Opened my copies from Revolver. They were decently packed. But of course like everyone else, jackets were torn & ripped on the inside by the rings moving around. Didn't see major scratches or damage to the "records" themselves.

Overall...it's just a gimmicky release that will probably get played once and then stored away. 

Oh well. 

Did not order this, but has anyone gotten money back from the damaged orders? It'd be different if it was just the jackets that were messed up, but it seems like a lot of the actual vinyl are arriving damaged as well.

Been following this fiasco and surprised everyone is just "welp, that's the way it is." 2020 did a number on us, huh?

1 hour ago, [Banned User] said:

Did not order this, but has anyone gotten money back from the damaged orders? It'd be different if it was just the jackets that were messed up, but it seems like a lot of the actual vinyl are arriving damaged as well.

Been following this fiasco and surprised everyone is just "welp, that's the way it is." 2020 did a number on us, huh?

I mean I listened to all 6 sides of mine and despite being visually scuffed I didn't hear anything. As noted earlier, hoping to 3D print some adaptors soon and see if it sounds better. 

My St Vitus order just arrived after being in a shipping deadzone for over a week. Cover is in better shape than the GJ order but stil has some small tears where the rings sit, as expected the colours are inversed from what I ordered, and unfortunately this time the scuffs and scratches seem pretty heavy across all three parts. I'll have to give it a spin after work and see if it's playable or not.

Edited by SNEAKORDS

14 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Still waiting on my copy from revolver. I received the CD which I have absolutely no use for as I don’t even have a way to play CDs. 

This baffles me. I just took a count - I own ten devices that are capable of playing CDs. It blows my mind that someone could actually own none. 
Were you really born in 1989, or are you just playin’? 🤣

So, here’s a question for everyone who has a copy that they haven’t tried getting a refund on.

How are you storing your rings? I refuse to let them anywhere near the slots they came in. The outer and middle rings fit perfectly in 12” and 10” dust sleeves but the 7” is about half an inch too wide in diameter. Any suggestions? (Wrongs answers also acceptable)

19 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

So, here’s a question for everyone who has a copy that they haven’t tried getting a refund on.

How are you storing your rings? I refuse to let them anywhere near the slots they came in. The outer and middle rings fit perfectly in 12” and 10” dust sleeves but the 7” is about half an inch too wide in diameter. Any suggestions? (Wrongs answers also acceptable)

I put the 7" into a 10" Diskeeper sleeve.  It's loose, but who really cares at this point.  I will probably never move it anyway so I'm pretty sure it's safe.

Edit:

They may all just be in 12" sleeves.  What's the worst that can happen?

Edited by Buffbloom