Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

Also, can you imagine trying to submit each of these variants to the Discogs server? 

I think that would be absurd if people try to submit each unique release. There should just be one submission for the goofy limited one noting that there's 120 variants. Then a second submission if a regular edition comes out later.

So there's a chance I may not be around to grab one of these next Friday.  Is there anyone who'd be willing to try and grab an extra copy for me?  I really don't care which color.  Also, I'll add that if it ends up being more $25 or more, don't bother.  But PM me and we'll figure something out!

It's a ticket bundle man.  The tickets alone on ticketmaster are $24-50.  So you're going to be looking at well over $25 to get one of these early copies.

I don't think it's limited to 120. Its the first to own "1 of 120 combinations". People are freaking out. There's probably 5-10 of each, making the pressing out of 600-1200...

what about the part that says "sold exclusively online.  limited to 120"?  that's not supposed to be a smart-ass question, especially since none of us have any clue what's actually going on.

my guess: they pressed 36 copies of the record on each of the 6 colors (making 216 total records), and then they cut along ~breakpoints in the records and just mix-and-match them into the 120 combos (there are 6 inside colors, 5 middle colors, 4 outside colors).  then if you want to play track 1 or 4, you have to insert the middle and inside pieces as ~adapters.  either that, or they pressed a bunch of 7"s with songs 3 and 6, some 10" rings with songs 2 and 5, and some 12" rings with songs 1 and 4.  I'd try to think of the most practical way of doing this, but "practical" and "glassjaw" don't exactly go together :)

in any case, I'm going to have to think seriously about wasting some money on this...

what about the part that says "sold exclusively online.  limited to 120"?  that's not supposed to be a smart-ass question, especially since none of us have any clue what's actually going on.

my guess: they pressed 36 copies of the record on each of the 6 colors (making 216 total records), and then they cut along ~breakpoints in the records and just mix-and-match them into the 120 combos (there are 6 inside colors, 5 middle colors, 4 outside colors).  then if you want to play track 1 or 4, you have to insert the middle and inside pieces as ~adapters.  either that, or they pressed a bunch of 7"s with songs 3 and 6, some 10" rings with songs 2 and 5, and some 12" rings with songs 1 and 4.  I'd try to think of the most practical way of doing this, but "practical" and "glassjaw" don't exactly go together :)

in any case, I'm going to have to think seriously about wasting some money on this...

somewhere in there i saw too many numbers, got a headache and gave up haha. 

what about the part that says "sold exclusively online. limited to 120"? that's not supposed to be a smart-ass question, especially since none of us have any clue what's actually going on.

my guess: they pressed 36 copies of the record on each of the 6 colors (making 216 total records), and then they cut along ~breakpoints in the records and just mix-and-match them into the 120 combos (there are 6 inside colors, 5 middle colors, 4 outside colors). then if you want to play track 1 or 4, you have to insert the middle and inside pieces as ~adapters. either that, or they pressed a bunch of 7"s with songs 3 and 6, some 10" rings with songs 2 and 5, and some 12" rings with songs 1 and 4. I'd try to think of the most practical way of doing this, but "practical" and "glassjaw" don't exactly go together :)

This is the stupidest and most inefficient way they could do this. Also anyone doubting that the TICKET BUNDLE is what is limited to 120 go check their Facebook post. It's pretty damn clear. https://www.facebook.com/glassjaw/posts/637696242916896:0

The vinyl is going to be available separately eventually. Probably in 120 colored variations. If not the worst case scenario is its black and you still get to own it and hear the music.

I'll be at work when these go on sale, so I'll be on a computer.   I'll probably try and snag one.  It won't ruin my day if I don't, either due to them being too costly or selling out before I get one in my cart.  I think either scenario is my realistic than getting one.

I don't need pretty colors to enjoy the music (even though I'm not opposed to them).  If this gets pressed on black vinyl in the future, I'll be just as happy with that.

I liked Our Color Green better and that never really got a proper release (I have the 1st two 7"s in the series, but wish I had the whole EP on CD that they gave out for free live, or whatever it was.) But I guess that's gj for ya. I'm pretty sure it's Beck that hatches all this marketing stuff up. Dude is hilarious, gotta love him.

I liked Our Color Green better and that never really got a proper release (I have the 1st two 7"s in the series, but wish I had the whole EP on CD that they gave out for free live, or whatever it was.) But I guess that's gj for ya. I'm pretty sure it's Beck that hatches all this marketing stuff up. Dude is hilarious, gotta love him.

OCG is only available on the individual 7"s and digitally. The free tour cd was Coloring Book which they later rereleased with a live DVD and sold in their web store.

OCG is only available on the individual 7"s and digitally. The free tour cd was Coloring Book which they later rereleased with a live DVD and sold in their web store.

Yeah I have the CD/DVD of Coloring Book. I was pretty sure that they did a CDEP of all the OCG tracks... and the reason why I think this is because it has an album title. 'Our Color Green' so it had to be released as a collection at some point. You could only buy the singles individually, but I'm still very sure, despite what you are saying, that they did the free CD at a live show thing with both OCG and CB, or something along those lines.

Otherwise where did the Our Color Green name come from, right? Get what I'm saying? Can anyone else chime in on this? I'm going based off of memory from reading the glassjaw.net boards, but that was forever ago, so while I concede that I *could* be wrong, I'm pretty sure CD copies of the entire OCG EP do exist, but even then in very limited numbers so I could see it flying under ppls radar.