Glassjaw Coloring Book vinyl limited to 120 unique color combos 8/16

Just now, sugareggs said:

Very excited for a live release. I know Gj live isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I appreciate the improv’s he does with the lyrics and the general chaos of the live guitars. If the bass and drums are solid sonically, this should be great 

I really hope its a good setlist. And I hope the mix is good.

5 minutes ago, sugareggs said:

There’s also a banner on the site with the 3 colors in circles with the line “have a great day in about a year from now” meaning a long pre order in our future 

I think that's more of a reference to when the tour will start than the pending pre-order for these LP's but I do agree that the pre-order season will be long and hard and cold.

8 minutes ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

I was trying to think of a way they could screw the average customer over and decided selling all 3 records in one package is the way to go. Look forward to having that Live album forced on you.

Kinda how I just want a set of the pins but have to buy tickets to the show first.... 

4 minutes ago, mcpaddolive said:

Live at the Forum would either be the London show from 2016 when they supported Coheed or the 2011 headline show, if I was to guess it’s the headline show. If so here’s the setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/glassjaw/2011/hmv-forum-london-england-5bd25318.html

Nice detective work. That really is a superb set. I was hoping it would have included "Stuck Pig" but I guess you can't have everything.

3 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Nice detective work. That really is a superb set. I was hoping it would have included "Stuck Pig" but I guess you can't have everything.

Indication leads me to believe 2011

the whole Coloring book encore is on YouTube if you want to listen

32 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

Remember when they played a recording of a live show at a movie theater in Long Island? I bet this record is the audio from that show. 

I was actually at that Long Island movie theater thing. The show was awesome. I always assumed it would be released as a DVD at some point. 

I was there too! I think it was the Live At The Forum with the entire encore at the end. You might be right.

6 minutes ago, sugareggs said:

Plot twist: live at the Forum is the full Coloring Book performance 

I can definitely see them making a live Coloring Book record instead of pressing a standard, playable version like everyone wants. I'm pretty much convinced that's what they will do now lol.  

6 minutes ago, sugareggs said:

Plot twist: live at the Forum is the full Coloring Book performance 

I can definitely see them making a live Coloring Book record instead of pressing a standard, playable version like everyone wants. I'm pretty much convinced that's what they will do now lol.  

1 hour ago, tipyourbartender said:

Remember when they played a recording of a live show at a movie theater in Long Island? I bet this record is the audio from that show. 

I was actually at that Long Island movie theater thing. The show was awesome. I always assumed it would be released as a DVD at some point. 

They did this in London too. Daryl popped in about 1/2 way through the screening and watched some of it with the audience, was very weird.  

I wonder if there are still label / contract issues with EYEWTKAS and W&T so Glassjaw would have to do a Taylor Swift and re-record the albums to release them as they see fit?  Or maybe they're live play-throughs of the albums? 

I expect it's just a simple re-release that'll likely be remastered, but as this is Glassjaw I feel like nothing, no matter how wild, can be completely off the table!

12 hours ago, Sonorsaur said:

I hope not! Fingers crossed for a drop date soon.

It’s looking likely. A London date has been announced for next year at The Forum and this was in the description of the event.

“This ticket makes one eligible to participate in the exclusive vinyl but does not include said vinyl, please visit glassjaw.com to secure your vinyl for at venue pick up”

spacer.png

"Glassjaw, whose last album was 2017's ‘Material Control’, have also announced 'Live At The Forum', a three-piece vinyl set that marks their first official live release. It was recorded at their 2011 London Forum gig, which included songs from both 'Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence' and 'Worship And Tribute', as well as the 2011 EP 'Our Color Green'." - Stereogum

Edited by strangers
More info

37 minutes ago, strangers said:

spacer.png

"Glassjaw, whose last album was 2017's ‘Material Control’, have also announced 'Live At The Forum', a three-piece vinyl set that marks their first official live release. It was recorded at their 2011 London Forum gig, which included songs from both 'Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence' and 'Worship And Tribute', as well as the 2011 EP 'Our Color Green'." - Stereogum

So is it represses? Or 3xLP vinyl set which is all live material?

56 minutes ago, strangers said:

spacer.png

"Glassjaw, whose last album was 2017's ‘Material Control’

spacer.png

"Glassjaw, whose last album was 2017's ‘Material Control’, have also announced 'Live At The Forum', a three-piece vinyl set that marks their first official live release. It was recorded at their 2011 London Forum gig, which included songs from both 'Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence' and 'Worship And Tribute', as well as the 2011 EP 'Our Color Green'." - Stereogum

, have also announced 'Live At The Forum', a three-piece vinyl set that marks their first official live release. It was recorded at their 2011 London Forum gig, which included songs from both 'Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence' and 'Worship And Tribute', as well as the 2011 EP 'Our Color Green'." - Stereogum

This needs a new thread. People no longer interested in the coloring book nonsense will end up never seeing this. I clicked on this expecting to see a bunch of people talking about their jackets being damaged only to find a completely new and unrelated release.