Autographed records?

Besides Jeff Mangum, the band members that contributed to Aeroplane had nothing to do with "On Avery Island". So as much as I love the record it wouldn't have meant as much to have it signed by the full band. 

Between Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire and Mikal Cronin I've managed to meet my top 3 bands/artists on the Merge roster within the past month:

2b082e7e-71ce-4477-9e10-e2411f5e484d_zps

Very very jealous. How did you catch Arcade Fire? 

I was in LA recently and won tickets to their secret show last month. The other secret shows were small and intimate so I brought a record along just in case and although it turned out to be a larger venue than expected (outside the Capitol records building) we just hung around afterwards and were eventually able to meet and talk to each band member besides Regine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, they were all so nice and excited to see the vinyl. I told them I was on the hunt for Dulcinea but couldn't find a copy under a couple hundred bucks and they said they didn't press a lot of them. 

That is so awesome.  I also have been looking for a copy of Dulcinea but the ones I have seen for sale have been too pricey.  I scored a great deal on my copy of Fear though.  Its a shame the don't push for a repress on Fear and Dulcinea.

gNIkPN4.jpg

after the show with chris we smoked an "e cigarette" with WAX(hint) that he signed for me and shit got real for a few hours. ate mushrooms during the show and was tripping balls by the time we were hanging out in the parking lot. and i have an audio from my iPhone of him getting all philosophical and speaking on the "meaning of the universe" because he knew i was tripping and thought it was cool. we got DEEP. it's like a 2 minute sound file i could probably upload if anyone is interested. best night of my life.

BOc4u1S.jpg

oh yeah, signed this too.

YSgIBYL.jpg

call me a fanboy all you want

• 2 months later...

I'm from Sydney, Australia and so I never would have guessed that I'd meet Sufjan Stevens (one of my favourite artists) at a video shoot for his project with Son Lux and Serengeti (Sisyphus) in LA. I was cast in the video and had the chance to speak with Sufjan in the artist room for about 10 minutes, definitely one of the kindest/nicest/friendliest musicians I've ever met.

I'm only in LA for a few weeks and had no idea this opportunity would present itself so I didn't have any of my Sufjan records on hand but I brought along my girlfriend's copy of Illinois and had it signed for her:

0E50450E-AC92-4626-8563-4D363729C3DB_zps

The only LP cover I have autographed is my copy of Frightened Rabbit's "Sing The Greys" that I got signed at Lollapalooza this past year. It actually was kind of intimate for a festival autograph session; it was during headliner time so the only people that were in line were pretty big fans of them who'd just come from their set. One of the best bands I've seen live, but that list is kind of short.

I also have a CD (they ran out of vinyl) of "Night Visions" by Imagine Dragons that I also got signed at their session earlier that day, but there were A LOT of people in line and it was far from intimate. Their set also kind of sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

My signed records collection:

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory LP (signed by Q-Tip)

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels LP (signed by Slug)

Buck 65 - Man Overboard LP

Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise LP

De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising LP

Eric B. & Rakim - Paid in Full LP (signed by Rakim)

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message LP (signed by Grandmaster Flash)

J-Rocc - Some Cold Rock Stuff LP

The Antlers - Burst Apart LP

Best Coast - Crazy For You LP

Built to Spill - There is No Enemy LP

Chairlift - Something LP

Clock Opera - Ways to Forget LP

Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened 7"

Dinosaur Jr. - Green Mind LP (signed by J Mascis)

Dinosaur Jr. - Farm LP (signed by Mascis, Lou Barlow & Murph)

DIIV (DIVE) - Geist 7"

Everything Everything - Duet 7"

Foals - Total Life Forever LP

Frightened Rabbit - State Hospital 12"

Future Islands - In Evening Air LP

Future Islands - On the Water LP

Girls - Album (signed by Christopher Owens)

Gold Panda - Mariage 12"

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest LP

Japandroids - Post-Nothing LP

Oh No Oh My - People Problems LP

Port O'Brien - All We Could Do Was Sing LP

Real Estate - Reality EP

Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse LP

Vivian Girls - Wild Eyes 7"

Warpaint - Exquisite Corpse EP

Warpaint - The Fool LP

Washed Out - Within and Without LP

Wild Beasts - Two Dancers LP