Boards of Canada Represses 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed -- those look sweet.  Can't wait to have the [core] BOC discography on my shelf, later this week.  I'm still giddy as hell that these got repressed.  A lot of times these situations result in anticipation and excitement that fizzles out once the product shows up.  But considering that I never once assumed I'd own the BOC catalog on vinyl - and also factoring in just how great these represses turn out - I'm still pleased as punch.

I honestly can't think of a time where something didn't look good in a black frame.

Lots of truth right here.

By no means do I mean to piss on your parade - since I think we can all agree that the print looks phenomenal in the frame you picked out - but do you mind if I ask where you purchased it?  $24 seems outrageous for a 12" x 12" frame with that kind of trim.  I've seen identical versions - of great quality - sold for $12 tops around here.  I'm just wondering where you got gouged, or if there's anything extra fancy you failed to mention.  (Archival or anti-glare glass, etc.)

Definitely no anti-glare glass. But it's not a poster frame so much as a really sturdy, quality picture frame. It's a local shop here in town that specializes in framing and I like to support them. It's just one of those things where you pay a little extra for those little things, if that makes sense? Frankly, the truth is I don't know where else to go for a frame of this quality for a cheaper price. :(

I gotcha'.  If your options are limited, your options are limited.  Simple as that.  At the end of the day, it looks sleek as hell.  And you're supporting local business, so more power to you.

Back on topic, though; any of you guys read up on the easter eggs and general cult / satanic themes woven throughout Geogaddi?

I'm getting one BOC album for christmas.  Music has the right to children, geogaddi, or campfire headphase.  Which one should I get?

I don't want to sound like a smart-ass, but... all of them are pretty essential.  Geo seems to be the fan favorite, but you're welcome to start at the beginning of their discography and go with MHTTRTC, since it is their debut.

I'm getting one BOC album for christmas.  Music has the right to children, geogaddi, or campfire headphase.  Which one should I get?

I've always had a huge soft spot for MHTTRTC, so that's the one I tend to recommend.  But, I think Derek is right in saying they're all essential.  You really can't pick a bad one to start at.

the cool thing about BOC is that, at least in my mind, none of the albums are any "better" or "worse" than the others, they just evoke slightly different moods. different sides of the same Rubik's Cube, if you will.

that said, I'll always have a soft spot for Music has the Right to Children. I dunno, it was first. you always tend to feel the most connected with what a band was doing when you discovered them, ya know?