Protest the Hero - Volition - Out October 29th

• 3 weeks later...

New track is pretty sweet.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/09/05/exclusive-premiere-protest-the-hero-clarity/

Non kick starters can now preorder here. Light Blue/White Swirl Double Gatefold Vinyl - Limited to 500

http://merchnow.com/catalogs/protest-the-hero

And tracklist

1. Clarity
2. Drumhead Trial
3. Tilting Against Windmills
4. Without Prejudice
5. Yellow Teeth
6. Plato’s Tripartite
7. A Life Embossed
8. Mist
9. Underbite
10. Animal Bones
11. Skies

I saw these guys live one time with as I lay dying and the human abstract , if its the same guy still singing, he was a huge d-bag on stage and turned me off to the music completely.

I've never seen them live, but yeah, it's the same guy. He's known to get drunk and say obscene things, so it's not surprising. Dude's got some pipes though.

I will be real pissed if I like the non backers version of the vinyl better than the backers version.

I saw these guys live one time with as I lay dying and the human abstract , if its the same guy still singing, he was a huge d-bag on stage and turned me off to the music completely.

That sucks, I've had that happen with a few bands. Fortunately I've never seen these guys or paid any attention to their antics so i can still dig the music.

PO this for sure, one of my favourite bands. I've seen them live twice and their attitudes really weren't that bad I don't think. Although the last time I saw them was right after they left their label and went back to being an indie band. So their antics were a little more raunchy than usual because of the celebration of their freedom :P

I listen to this band obsessively, so excited for this album to come out. Even though a lot of people slated Scurrilous, I'm still a huge fan of that album.

It took some getting used to, but I love it as well, and I'm a die hard fan of the first two. Shaped my listening through early/late high school.

It took some getting used to, but I love it as well, and I'm a die hard fan of the first two. Shaped my listening through early/late high school.

I can agree to this also, although it was really different and took a lot of getting used to, Scurillious was still overall a great album. I'm still in love with Fortress and Kezia though and really hope the change from Moe to Chris (LoGs drummer) won't make too huge of a difference. As well I really hope that Arif does most of the writing I just like his style more than Rody's.

This really resonated with me, even though I kind of fell off the wagon with Scurrilous. Kezia and Fortress were huge for me in high school as well, probably the only two records I listened to consistently over those four years.

This really resonated with me, even though I kind of fell off the wagon with Scurrilous. Kezia and Fortress were huge for me in high school as well, probably the only two records I listened to consistently over those four years.

I think I found Kezia as a freshman, maybe even 8th grade, I can't remember, and then fortress when I was a junior, and man... Aside from Coheed (who are my favorite band), I don't know if I've ever been as attached to a record as I was fortress at that time. In my eyes, that was an absolutely perfect record. The technicality, the awesome singing and melodies, the crushing bridges... Just everything man. I haven't listened to as much metal as I've gotten older, but this band will always be a must listen for me.

I think I found Kezia as a freshman, maybe even 8th grade, I can't remember, and then fortress when I was a junior, and man... Aside from Coheed (who are my favorite band), I don't know if I've ever been as attached to a record as I was fortress at that time. In my eyes, that was an absolutely perfect record. The technicality, the awesome singing and melodies, the crushing bridges... Just everything man. I haven't listened to as much metal as I've gotten older, but this band will always be a must listen for me.

I'm pretty sure the exact same thing happened to me. Kezia in the eighth grade, Fortress a short time after. I think my love for the former stems from the level of musicianship displayed and the fact that it was the first concept album I really paid close attention to. And Fortress was conceptual in a way, but you didn't necessarily have to follow the story behind the lyrics; the technicality and heaviness were what kept me coming back.

I was fortunate enough to find Kezia at my local record store, on my first time being in there, on my third pass through the stock as I was about to leave. I'm usually not very lucky, so that was one of the wildest things I've ever had happen to me.

I'm pretty sure the exact same thing happened to me. Kezia in the eighth grade, Fortress a short time after. I think my love for the former stems from the level of musicianship displayed and the fact that it was the first concept album I really paid close attention to. And Fortress was conceptual in a way, but you didn't necessarily have to follow the story behind the lyrics; the technicality and heaviness were what kept me coming back.

I was fortunate enough to find Kezia at my local record store, on my first time being in there, on my third pass through the stock as I was about to leave. I'm usually not very lucky, so that was one of the wildest things I've ever had happen to me.

those were two of the first 3 records i bought. i got them off musicstack for retail. i got the black kezia with the black cover, which i had no idea was rare, and also the black version of fortress, which ive recently replaced with a purple to match the artwork better. also have the cream scurrilous, which is an awesome package, probably my favorite looking of all their records.

• 1 month later...