Sly Vinyl - Publication & Label

For any of you who may be interested,

SVR03 is close to becoming available for pre-order. We're looking at sometime within the next month. Possibly only weeks.

We will be sure to get the news up on these forums just as hastily as the pre-order itself :)

Thanks for the love! 

I won't say that I've been told what the release will be.  But unless I'm being seriously trolled, I'm 99% confident I know what it is.  I'll be keeping things quiet out of respect for Forbenator and the label, but I'll just say that the members who frequent the niche threads and releases that I do - and you know who you are - will definitely want to grab it.

I won't say that I've been told what the release will be.  But unless I'm being seriously trolled, I'm 99% confident I know what it is.  I'll be keeping things quiet out of respect for Forbenator and the label, but I'll just say that the members who frequent the niche threads and releases that I do - and you know who you are - will definitely want to grab it.

It could be ANYTHING, that's the beauty of things ;)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/97911-po-soon-damascus-heights-sly-vinyl-records-ffo-caspian-russian-circles-etc/

For SVR03, I'm very excited to say, that the album will be none other than Damascus' Heights!!!!!

522457_589903791097075_1316796914_n.jpg

Released in July of 2013, Heights ended up on MANY "Top" lists for 2013. From post-rock loving lists to all-around lists, this album saw great reviews and we're excited as ever to be a part of the FIRST EVER tangible form of music from these guys!!

100% meant to be on vinyl, this album traverses 5 tracks, and almost 40 minutes of music, that blends together perfectly.Heights was put together with the highest possible sound quality available. There were ZERO short cuts taken here.

Keeping with the way we do things here at Sly Vinyl, you'll be getting these features:

-Limited to 500: 200 on Black/White A Side B Side w/ Silver Splatter & 300 on Ultra Clear w/ Black Haze

-180g

-Hand Numbered

This is strictly limited to 500 copies with NO plans to repress in the near future. Once these leave our HQ, it will be a piece of history!!  :)

You can check out the album, in it's entirety, from Bandcamp here: http://damascusnj.bandcamp.com/

As always, thanks for checkin' in!!!!!!

PS We will be going through many upgrades throughout 2014 so be sure to stay connected with SlyVinyl.com!!

Sly_Vinyl-Fox_Logo-type-2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys!

Out of curiosity, what would you like to see us press? We've got some ideas ourselves for SVR04 but it never hurts to see what you guys are listening to!

NOTE: Please, give us some ideas for stuff that's never been pressed! We haven't delved into any realm of 'repressing' yet? Maybe sometime? Who knows. But for now, let's make some stuff happen that's never seen the light of day! :D

SHOOT! :)

PS: NOT GENRE SPECIFIC! ;)

Hey guys!

Out of curiosity, what would you like to see us press? We've got some ideas ourselves for SVR04 but it never hurts to see what you guys are listening to!

NOTE: Please, give us some ideas for stuff that's never been pressed! We haven't delved into any realm of 'repressing' yet? Maybe sometime? Who knows. But for now, let's make some stuff happen that's never seen the light of day! :D

You know where I stand on Fort Vine's amazing album. It's a crime that isn't on wax!

Albums that need pressings that don't have them:

Damien Rice - O

Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers

Guster - Goldfly

Boys Like Girls - S/T

Curren$y - Covert Coup or Pilot Talk 1/2

Sufjan Stevens - A Sun Came

Hey guys!

WESS MEETS WEST!!!!!!!!