Sly Vinyl - Publication & Label

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any hints on what SVR03 could be? Loved the first two releases!

There are a few things that are guaranteed with each and every release.

- ALWAYS 180g or higher

- ALWAYS at least one colored variation (if not more)

- ALWAYS numbered

I can't say much about what the release will be, just yet. But pre-orders shouldn't be too far away :)

We will be publishing the release on SlyVinyl.com, Facebook, and I will even make sure to come back to this thread and let it be known :D

Above all, thank you for your interest!

This is going to be an insane year for Sly Vinyl though. SO many things in the works!

There are a few things that are guaranteed with each and every release.

- ALWAYS 180g or higher

- ALWAYS at least one colored variation (if not more)

- ALWAYS numbered

I can't say much about what the release will be, just yet. But pre-orders shouldn't be too far away :)

We will be publishing the release on SlyVinyl.com, Facebook, and I will even make sure to come back to this thread and let it be known :D

Above all, thank you for your interest!

This is going to be an insane year for Sly Vinyl though. SO many things in the works!

Excited! You guys have a lot to live up to after those first two amazing albums! I can't wait---

This new release will be a good one, promise!

Whether it's your cup o' coffee or not, the individual skill presented is unmistakeable, not to mention the color configuration detail we went with, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

I have no idea how this record went without a pressing before us. Some serious talent here!

This is a one off deal so once this record sells out, it's GONE! :P

Forbenator how are you involved in Sly Vinyl? I've been following the site and twitter for awhile. That Tog Pebbles release is pretty great! What's the history for you guys? Also, pumped for the 3rd release, any announcement soon?

The site began as a hobby really. Scott, the owner, has his own web design company and created it as an avenue to let people know about releases on limited run and exclusive vinyl before it sold out and hit eBay, Discogs, etc. Essentially a way to find new music and maybe buy it if you so desired before finding out later on and paying exponentially for it. Scott and Justin were roommates, at the time, supporting this hobby. That's where it really started.

I actually began as a simple fan submitting "tips" to them for stuff I thought they might want to post about. After about a month or so of doing that he got in touch and asked if I'd love to come on board. Around that time was when traffic started picking up pretty heavily. As of now, I'm both an author and an editor on the site.

Since then it's grown in many ways. More writers and more traffic. It's all supporting fans, musicians, and labels.

With the label side, Scott went out of his own pocket to essentially get a release out that wasn't on vinyl yet (BSBD). He wanted it on vinyl and knew that it deserved to be. One thing led to another and next thing there was an order going in for that as well as Tog Pebbles.

There are many ideas being tossed around for this year. Can't go further into that at the moment but I can assure you that by following us you'll find nothing but excitement. I'm still an excited fan when it comes to the grand scheme of things.

No announcements yet for SVR03. I can say that it's essentially done. It won't be long :)

Thanks for your interest! We keep in mind that we are all just fans of this stuff. Anything we can do to support is essentially feeding our interests as simple fans. It's a hobby, a passion, a love.

News to follow!!