Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

Here you go:

• Bellicose Minds - The Buzz Or Howl Sessions [10''] (Black Or Clear Vinyl, limited) A389 Recordings
  • Full Of Hell/Calm The Fire - Split [7''] (Blue Vinyl) A389 Recordings
  • Integrity - Black Heksen Rise [7''] (Green Vinyl) (limited to 500) A389 Recordings
  • Mutoid Man - Helium Head [LP] (Green Vinyl, limited to 1000) Magic Bullet 
  • Persekutor - Power Frost [7''] (Colored Vinyl, download, limited to 500) Magic Bullet
  • Rot In Hell/Psywarfare - Split [LP] (Clear And White Vinyl, download, limited to 500) Magic Bullet
  • Schematic - Color (N) Insides The Lines [2LP] (Red And Yellow Vinyl, limited to 500) Spartan
  • Sun & Sail Club - Mannequin [LP] Satin Recordings
  • X - The Masterpiece Collection [4LP] (Boxset) Porterhouse Records
  • Xiu Xiu - Nina [LP] (Limited Edition Pre-Release version on Grey & White Marbled Vinyl, download, in exclusive embossed jackets, tribute to Nina Simone) Graveface Records

I am very interested in the Schematic record but haven't seen information on this anywhere else. Can you please tell me where this list came from?

They are quite often expensive over here in the UK but if I can get them for the right price I will probably go for Cold War Kids, Foals,

Brendan Benson, Jack Johnson, Nirvana and QOTSA in that order. I'm a bit non committed on the Nirvana and QOTSA for lots of the reasons already expressed earlier in the thread.

I'm annoyed about the Deftones release, only because I have a feeling it's going to take forever to get them all and having it delayed even further doesn't help that.

I'm with you.  I want to have this and the rest of them asap.  As bummed as I am at the RSD list for Black Friday, I'm okay with it b/c I am going to save money.  Only albums that I wanted were this and STP.  Looks like I will just pass all together this year and save that money for Christmas shopping. 

Depending on how curious you are, you might read Analog Planet's review. They explain why it was remixed--the mono tapes are missing--and compare the mono remix to the various stereo issues.

The review ends with

I'm not suggesting that you make the new mono mix your "go to" version. However, there is a point to this beyond getting getting all of us to buy the album yet again.

Chris

Yes, I can definitely understand that, and trust me I am more glad than anything that this is being done with the utmost care. I personally don't prefer mono to stereo unless the mono mix is strongly superior, and while I can't see how some people see that for this record, there is a good amount who do, and short of an original "A" stamper pressing, this will be the best thing for that group.

Good to see you here on these forums too, Chris!

Yes, I can definitely understand that, and trust me I am more glad than anything that this is being done with the utmost care. I personally don't prefer mono to stereo unless the mono mix is strongly superior, and while I can't see how some people see that for this record, there is a good amount who do, and short of an original "A" stamper pressing, this will be the best thing for that group.

Good to see you here on these forums too, Chris!

Thanks for the welcome. I recognize your username from another forum.

Chris

Anybody tell me where I can order this stuff online besides Bull Moose or Vintage Vinyl? VV took there preorders down today when I got paid and BM only has a few things to order.

that's interesting. wonder if they had a higher than expected response. I think they were up till Black Friday last year.