WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

Bullmoose e-mailed me about the sitch with the Creeper before I even got a chance to. Offered to refund me shipping and the total cost of the record if I wanted to return it or knock $5 the price. I thought it was pretty cool of them to get in front of the mistake. In the end I decided to keep the record and save us both the hassle. Big thumbs up to Bullmoose for how they handled this one. 

So im going to play a small bit of devils advocate. I understand they ultimately didnt have the creeper edition but shouldnt having the release in general matter more than having the most limited version? It seems its a deluge of "oh its not the creeper one so nvm" from what i remember this release was sold out for a while and somewhat pricey on discogs/ebay so having a repress no matter what version should be a good thing. I could see if you already owned the purple press and dont need two as a reason to return but becides that?

So im going to play a small bit of devils advocate. I understand they ultimately didnt have the creeper edition but shouldnt having the release in general matter more than having the most limited version? It seems its a deluge of "oh its not the creeper one so nvm" from what i remember this release was sold out for a while and somewhat pricey on discogs/ebay so having a repress no matter what version should be a good thing. I could see if you already owned the purple press and dont need two as a reason to return but becides that?

I don't disagree with that. I think folks were just upset that it was priced at the price point of the Creeper version instead of the cheaper Purple one, but now that they've corrected that, as I said, I'm pretty happy with it. 

100%. And of course someone was butthurt and down voted common sense. Fixed.

ash_evil_dead_2_large.jpg?14050361540482

Waxwork Records is extremely thrilled to announce that we will be releasing the score to EVIL DEAD 2! Directed by Sam Raimi with a classic score composed by Joseph LoDuca, EVIL DEAD 2 is our personal favorite film in the EVIL DEAD TRILOGY. We are beyond excited to release the soundtrack to one of our favorite films in the most deluxe LP packaging available.

But here's the kicker: We're letting YOU, the fans, design the LP release! This is certainly unchartered territory for any record label, but we feel that this film and score is a beloved horror gem, and only the hardest of the hardcore EVIL DEAD 2 fans can come up with the BEST possible LP package. 

Over the next few weeks, we will allow any one and every one of you hardcore DEADITES to choose the artist, the vinyl colors, contribute liner notes, and more! Waxwork will set up a polling system that will allow you to choose how YOU would like our upcoming EVIL DEAD 2 deluxe soundtrack to look, feel, and more!

EVIL DEAD 2 is scheduled as a 2016 release. Put your thinking caps on, polish your chainsaws, and let's get groovy.

Awesome idea letting us choose everything. I wonder if they will have a bunch of artwork to choose from or if they want us to pick an artist and that artist will come up with something. Ghoulish Gary, Mike Sutfin, Ken Taylor, Horkey... I'm good with any of them. I'd have to watch the movie again to come up with some cool variant ideas. The brown and blue with red splatter does sound cool to me though.

Awesome idea letting us choose everything. I wonder if they will have a bunch of artwork to choose from or if they want us to pick an artist and that artist will come up with something. Ghoulish Gary, Mike Sutfin, Ken Taylor, Horkey... I'm good with any of them. I'd have to watch the movie again to come up with some cool variant ideas. The brown and blue with red splatter does sound cool to me though.

Ghoulish would be tight. Rick Kelly or Tyler Stout would rule. IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

Hard to top that. How about a portal variant. 

Black and clear swirl, with blue splatter.

Army of Darkness (MONDO) will be this color (Portal) so i would hate for this to be it too haha.

I doubt they're going to let us vote on ANY artist, they'll probably have a list of pre-selected artists to choose from of which they've worked with before.  So don't get your hopes up for a Horkey or a Stout just yet.  NOTE: I'd love to be wrong about this but I probably won't be...

Pullin and Edmiston have both done ED2 pieces before so I'm inclined to go with a different artist's take.  If they're willing to work with someone they haven't worked with before (and someone who'd be reasonably affordable) then I'd love to see Matt Ryan Tobin get a crack at it.