WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

I don't mind pre-orders but I'm glad they are doing away with them.

Now maybe all those grown men can stop crying on every post Waxwork makes.

Aside from that, can't wait for that deluxe Warriors package!

Yea, tell me about it. Who would want something they paid money for...

So if Circa Survive takes 6 months to fulfil a pre-order it's just playing the game, but when waxwork takes 3 it's a mutiny? I'll never understand this board.

So if Circa Survive takes 6 months to fulfil a pre-order it's just playing the game, but when waxwork takes 3 it's a mutiny? I'll never understand this board.

1. Nah I'd be pissed also if I ordered from circa survive and it took that long. But lucky me, they suck, and I did not.

2. There is a difference between a preorder and supposed delays. If they were, this will be out in 6 months, obviously you know when you're getting it. But how many releases have they actually shipped out before goosebumps. Even krampus is shipping before it. Waxwork doesn't have the best track record on getting shit out like they are supposed to and yet people are "babies" because they are tired of it and voiced they displeasure. I still believe they used the timing of goosebumps to make as much as possible on it, to fund other products, which is obviously business but I think they 100% knew this wouldn't go out when they said, and give 0 fucks.

Now that being said, do I put myself in the corner and cry about it? Nope. Do i lose sleep at night over it? Nope. The bottom line is that it's shitty. And obviously they have noticed this and are supposedly selling them when they are ready to be shipped. Maybe they noticed this is the right thing to do? *gasp*

It has nothing to do with your opinion and more to do with the fact that you don't seem to understand how pre-orders work.  Waxwork stated Goosebumps was a pre-order (meaning it hadn't been manufactured yet) and would take at least 8 weeks to ship out when they sent the first email announcing it, and then it got delayed, simple as that.  

Justifying your displeasure with completely unsubstantiated claims about their business model seems to be some vaguely related veil to hide the fact that you're simply upset you don't have your record yet.  Just entitled and childish all around.  "Trolling" them on instagram and social media is just another outlet for you to be mildly annoying besides coming in this thread and trying to (unsuccessfully) stir up shit.

If you didn't want to wait for something that was labeled as a pre order, you shouldn't have ordered it.  Mondo took 5 months to get my Guardians of the Galaxy out but I don't see you with pitchfork-in-hand in that thread.  Circa took over 6 months to get Juturna out and everyone was calm and civil about it that thread.  Delays happen all the time.  And if you've never dealt with stuff getting delayed from a label, then you must be new to record collecting.

It has nothing to do with your opinion and more to do with the fact that you don't seem to understand how pre-orders work. Waxwork stated Goosebumps was a pre-order (meaning it hadn't been manufactured yet) and would take at least 8 weeks to ship out when they sent the first email announcing it, and then it got delayed, simple as that.

Justifying your displeasure with completely unsubstantiated claims about their business model seems to be some vaguely related veil to hide the fact that you're simply upset you don't have your record yet. Just entitled and childish all around. "Trolling" them on instagram and social media is just another outlet for you to be mildly annoying besides coming in this thread and trying to (unsuccessfully) stir up shit.

If you didn't want to wait for something that was labeled as a pre order, you shouldn't have ordered it. Mondo took 5 months to get my Guardians of the Galaxy out but I don't see you with pitchfork-in-hand in that thread. Circa took over 6 months to get Juturna out and everyone was calm and civil about it that thread. Delays happen all the time. And if you've never dealt with stuff getting delayed from a label, then you must be new to record collecting.

I pre order often (check my incoming list if you don't believe guy) and 95% of the time I get it when I'm supposed to. And if not, it's not 6 months later. The problem here is that 1. I don't think they ever had intention on shipping it when they said they were going to and 2. It's had more than 1 "delay". Because they are straight bullshitting us. So once again, it has nothing to do with preorders and everything to do with them dropping the ball on this release. That being said, since you get butt hurt from people being opinionated, I'll leave this thread and won't even come back in when it gets "delayed" again to say I told you so. Hopefully it won't though but probably will.

Oops, looks like I opened a can of worms there.

But seriously, we all paid money on the pre-orders, that's why we are waiting on them as well.

It's not like Waxwork has them and is refusing to ship them... Delays happen all the time. Thanks RSD.

I just had a wonderful customer service experience with Waxwork.  Asked them if any more copies of a particular title might make it back up online once all shipments had been taken care of without issue, assuming there were some leftovers held back just in case.  They promptly responded within a couple hours that since I was a subscriber they could take care of me and get me a copy of the title I requested.  Gotta give credit where credit is due - that was pretty awesome of them.

I just had a wonderful customer service experience with Waxwork.  Asked them if any more copies of a particular title might make it back up online once all shipments had been taken care of without issue, assuming there were some leftovers held back just in case.  They promptly responded within a couple hours that since I was a subscriber they could take care of me and get me a copy of the title I requested.  Gotta give credit where credit is due - that was pretty awesome of them.

Yeah, I love their customer service. Suzy is amazing. 

When I was at Mondocon this past year I chatted with Kevin about the Babadook and he said at that time they had just started work on it. He also said they didn't have an artist yet to do the cover but said they wanted to probably have Jessica Seamans, who did the Nosferatu art, do it. So probably won't be seeing it for a few months.