WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

8 minutes ago, Subdomestic said:

If anyone is wondering about the variants for Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter, Light in the Attic has the "camp crystal lake" variant online now.

So it would seem that the "Tommy Jarvis" variant is the more limited one available from Waxwork's online store, while "camp crystal lake" is available from other retailers.

Just because a waxwork variant is exclusive to their website doesn't make it more limited. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, museummouth said:

I wonder how many dollars over the insane list price these will be?

Most likely they'll be the same price maybe an extra $5 or something. At least thats what I would hope. I just hate how vague that is, does last remaining mean 5? 20? 50?

55 minutes ago, TheGreatMrY said:

Just got my trick r treat in. Love that they sent it in a PVC sleeve instead of shrinkwrap! Hope this is standard for their releases going forward.

Is it really PVC? Not mylar or something else? PVC is kind of a nasty, smelly, off-gassing material.

1 hour ago, lethalenforcer said:

I love this score, the film, and the new artwork and layout/package design. I'm still bummed that this is bringing no new material to the table. The lack of the rejected Schifrin score, in particular, is a bummer. Outside of packaging, there isn't much difference between this and the plentiful originals knocking about for many, many dollars less than what this will end up costing. 

That said, I still bought an autographed copy from Amoeba over the weekend so color me hypocritical. 

17 hours ago, Little Shop of Gore said:

Most likely they'll be the same price maybe an extra $5 or something. At least thats what I would hope. I just hate how vague that is, does last remaining mean 5? 20? 50?

Who knows, honestly. I’m not surprised they held onto a couple though. 

That Exorcist looks wicked! 

4 hours ago, docbronze said:

Is it really PVC? Not mylar or something else? PVC is kind of a nasty, smelly, off-gassing material.

I love this score, the film, and the new artwork and layout/package design. I'm still bummed that this is bringing no new material to the table. The lack of the rejected Schifrin score, in particular, is a bummer. Outside of packaging, there isn't much difference between this and the plentiful originals knocking about for many, many dollars less than what this will end up costing. 

That said, I still bought an autographed copy from Amoeba over the weekend so color me hypocritical. 

Have they addressed at all that they're not releasing the rejected score or why?  I'm assuming it has something to do with Friedkin.

3 hours ago, docbronze said:

I just got my Trick R Treat a few days ago. I think he is referring to the outer sleeve?  Only because he said "instead of shrink wrap." It is not the thick nasty PVC that a lot of picture discs without a record jacket come in. It is a resealable (with adhesive strip) outer jacket sleeve, probably polyethylene or something like that. The packaging is really nice though. This is the first time I ordered from Waxworks, very high quality jacket. I haven't listened yet, but I've heard good things about their pic discs. It looks perfect on first inspection, but I am hoping to spin it tomorrow before I go to work in the evening. 

Did anyone order the Friday the 13th Final Chapter? I ordered the Tommy Jarvis variant at the same time as Trick R Treat. Haven't heard anything about shipping yet. Just curious. I was honestly surprised they shipped me Trick R Treat already, separately. A lot of places hold your order until all items are in stock.   

1 hour ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

I just got my Trick R Treat a few days ago. I think he is referring to the outer sleeve?  Only because he said "instead of shrink wrap." It is not the thick nasty PVC that a lot of picture discs without a record jacket come in. It is a resealable (with adhesive strip) outer jacket sleeve, probably polyethylene or something like that. The packaging is really nice though. This is the first time I ordered from Waxworks, very high quality jacket. I haven't listened yet, but I've heard good things about their pic discs. It looks perfect on first inspection, but I am hoping to spin it tomorrow before I go to work in the evening. 

Oh you know what, I'm not sure what it is exactly. It's not a cheap poly sleeve, but it's not one of those thick smelly ones either. Sorry if my post confused!

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

Have they addressed at all that they're not releasing the rejected score or why?  I'm assuming it has something to do with Friedkin.

That seems to be where the smart money is, Ken. The label head said they were shelving the Schifrin stuff out of "respect" for someone's wishes, or something to that effect. Considering the liner notes, LP signing, and referring to this as the "first of a series" of scores to the director's films, Friedkin seems the likely someone.

15 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

Soooooooo there's a Happy Halloween teaser vid on their IG page that shows a staffer holding up one of the Friday The 13th blood-filled vinyl.   So I'm guessing we might be seeing some go up today.

Do you have a direct link? Not seeing it.

They've posted videos/gifs of the blood-filled about 3 times over the last few months, would be cool if they unearthed old copies.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Do you have a direct link? Not seeing it.

They've posted videos/gifs of the blood-filled about 3 times over the last few months, would be cool if they unearthed old copies.

It's in their story on their IG page.  Posted about 20 mins ago.  It shows the blue variant of The Exorcist soundtrack on a turntable, and then ends with someone holding up the F13th vinyl. 

On 10/30/2017 at 4:07 PM, docbronze said:

Outside of packaging, there isn't much difference between this and the plentiful originals knocking about for many, many dollars less than what this will end up costing. [re: Waxwork's version of The Exorcist soundtrack]

That's how I feel about many (if not most) of the reissued soundtracks that clog the market these days. I bought and quickly sold Waxwork's version of Ennio Morricone's The Thing because for all the fancy packaging, it just didn't sound that great. Picked up a gently used copy of the '82 original on MCA and never looked back. Same goes for Rosemary's Baby and Don't Look Now. Both fantastic soundtracks, but I find the overdesigned, aesthetically dubious "collectible" reissues a lot less appealing than some of the original editions, most which can still be had for reasonable sums. 

Would love to see the companies that specialize in this focus a bit more on worthwhile genre soundtracks that haven't yet made it to vinyl. For instance, I'd love to have Michael Nyman & Damon Albarn's Ravenous, Angelo Badalamenti's The City of Lost Children, and Carles Cases' Dagon on wax. But I'm sure they know better than me what the people want.

Edited by conedust
there was a bug on it