WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

Useless but fun! So many possibilities. Reminds me of those pencil eraser tops from grade school like the Flintstones and some others I had. 

I think it’s fun, I like swapping turntable mats to something relative to what I’m playing- the artist, label, store I bought it from, etc.. have a lot custom made for favorite artists. 

I wouldn’t pay more than a few bucks for these but I’d collect some faves if they made ‘em. When they only make 100 of Alien for $30 and the only way to get one is on eBay for 100 bucks tho I’ll be over it. 

They are manufactured by retroband aka Aaron Moreno....he does quality work! From big vinyl toys to minis....all of it is quite amazing and detailed. If this sculpt is anything like his other minis, it will look quite impressive and probably be about $20. His small pieces also sell out within minutes and any of the big stuff within seconds. There are quite a few collectors out there that love his style. Good luck to all tomorrow and hopefully there are plenty to go round.

Edited by bigdz68
ocd

22 hours ago, docbronze said:

This has gone largely unmentioned elsewhere. At least as far as I've seen. Still quite interested to learn his role in the release.

I asked him a week or so back on his last IG post about his involvement, he said "stay tuned" and they'll be more OST involvement

3 hours ago, vinyl21 said:

Hmm... I cant tell where this post is on the sarcasm meter.  :lol:

If you would have told me this two years or so ago I would have said the same thing....then once you get into the world of vinyl toys and sofubi etc...you realize $500 a piece is not bad if you work a few extra hours of OT. The shit is addictive if your into it and can get crazy if you don't know how to budget properly....of course the flippers are there willing to try and sell you a $500 piece for $1000 plus....

I normally don't talk about sofubi on here but considering they got retroband to make the mold I was quite excited....back to your regularly scheduled programming now.