WAXWORKS RECORDS Official Mega-Thread

2 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

There's a listing up on LITA, but not sure if it's gone live yet.  Purple swirl, but no mention or look of the green mixed in: 

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/4619-beetlejuice-original-motion-picture-soundtrack

Good eye. Must mean the other two are ltd WW webstore variants.

The retail variant is the black and white split. My store got the solicitation email. Purple swirl was WW online exclusive. LITA may have been mistaken. I see its sold out now. Wouldnt be surprised if people who ordered from them get refunded. Beetlejuice swirl is not available to retail outlets

4 minutes ago, Saxonjulin said:

The retail variant is the black and white split. My store got the solicitation email. Purple swirl was WW online exclusive. LITA may have been mistaken. I see its sold out now. Wouldnt be surprised if people who ordered from them get refunded. Beetlejuice swirl is not available to retail outlets

Odd that the images are so different. I know swirls can be hit-and-miss if there's a dominant color but this one was supa dupa purps.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Odd that the images are so different. I know swirls can be hit-and-miss if there's a dominant color but this one was supa dupa purps.

Yea the whole thing is very confusing. We got the solicitation email and retail are only getting black and white split so im not sure where they got that image from.

I just got off the phone with Light in the attic and this "new variant" is most likely a mistake. There is most likely no "new purple swirl" variant. Companies are just selling copies based of the LITA email and website which is most likley a error. They will be offering the black and white split to stores. LITA is going to confirm with me but my sales rep said this is most likely just a mistake. Ill update as the information is given to me

Makes more sense. It's available to purchase via LITA now as well. Wonder if retail stores will carry both that and the split then, or if LITA is the exclusive retailer for the purp? They have 500 of them so it'd make sense if that was the total run.

Edit: Nevermind. Purple is available at several retail stores now.

Edited by lethalenforcer

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's true.

I'm still interested in the soundtracks I genuinely love (recently picked up MOV's expanded Daughters of Darkness score), but I'm way past sick to death of endless, ugly, supposedly "collectible" peanut butter barf variants of every half-popular nerd niche title in the licensing rolodex. In shitty packaging that looks like a "prestige" issue of some lame indie comic! I mean, if you can't afford genuinely good art, why not settle for bad, lazy, Etsy-level "design", right? Plus super limited hand-poured purple and brown merge with mint green splatter wank wank wank...

Edited by conedust
sheer love of scare quotes

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aunt Acid & The Heartburns said:

They're pressing more copies of Beetlejuice. Source: a reply to some dude's comment on IG.

I wouldn't hold your breath. They said the same thing about Friday the 13th and The Thing over a year ago and people are still waiting. It took them over a year to live up to their word of repressing Reanimator. To say they will repress it could take 3 months or it could take 2 years at their rate