The Ambient & Experimental Thread

Sorry for OT!

I ordered mine along with some other records from Oldies.com, so it was actually quite a steal compared to local mailorders. Though this seems to out of stock as for now.

Are you really from Germany (question may sound stupid)?

I also had some stuff in my cart but decided against ordering from oldies because of the German customs.

I rarely order records from the states because I'm afraid of having to pay customs and end up with a even higher price...

Haha, I've never been asked this before, but yes I'm really from Germany. Cool to see other international people here. Oh, if you're worried about customs: My last oldies order went through without any customs and I heard the same from other people. So you might give them a try.

And to be not completely offtopic: Does anyone know something similar to This Will Destroy You's "Tunnel Blanket"?

Sure thing, Derek. I should be in there sometime this week and will check it out. I'll let you know.

Not to sound impatient - since I'm hardly in a rush - but did anything ever come of this?  Just curious, if you've even had the time to make it over there this week.

I've got it. Beautiful on the eyes and the ears.

Do you (or anyone else) know how much the Eluvium boxset retailed for?

I'm guessing it was priced similarly to The Books box set ($150), based on number of LPs and Temp Res's pricing being about the same across releases.

Yeah, it was $150. I stalled on picking it up forever, and it finally sold out, but I eventually got it from somebody on here for ~$100.

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across this Canadian artist, CFCF, a few nights ago and I bought both his albums right away, sounds killer.

Just released an album last October called Outside. The cover drew me in as well as the vinyl coloring but the music is so chill, worth a listen.

http://shop.paperbagrecords.com/products/outside

• 2 months later...

I totally forgot about CFCF. I have a couple of remixes from him from like 9 years ago, it was all kind of retro-synth stuff. Not nearly all mellow or lush as some of the new stuff, seems to have really grown.

I really dig the HEALTH remixes he did, but I was never hooked by his solo stuff (maybe because I was expecting something similar to the remixes).  I need to give him another shot.

I really dig the HEALTH remixes he did, but I was never hooked by his solo stuff (maybe because I was expecting something similar to the remixes).  I need to give him another shot.

The HEALTH Triceratops remix was the first thing I ever heard from it and it still might be my favorite. Love that Synth solo.

Generally, I guess I felt the same. I finally bought the Continent LP so I've give it a few listens front to back and decide if I want the whole catalog.