The Ambient & Experimental Thread

a2277972094_10.jpg

I'm proud to announce the very first release on Flesh and Bone Records will be Sky Flying By - Can You Say It with One Word? Beautiful ambiance and triumphant instrumentals that set the tone for any occasion. We'll be doing a first pressing /50 on black and silver swirl tapes. Although this album was released digitally late last year independently, it now includes a never before heard bonus song exclusive to this release! Digital streaming and download will be available soon, and cassettes will be available in June!  I'm sure there are a few of you on here that are already familiar with David's work, and if you're not, you need to get behind this.  Absolutely beautiful!

RIYL - Sigur Ros, Olafur Arnalds, Mono, Caspian

Stream / Download the entire album here - http://fleshandbone....t-with-one-word

Keep up to date over at www.facebook.com/fleshandbonerecords

I posted about this in the main vinyl section too, but it's relevant to this thread.

Temporary residence just put up about 100 copies of the 9xLP box set of William Basinksi 's The Disintegration loops with with external box damage for 100 off original price, so $125+ shipping. It's a great deal and probably the last time you'll ever see a shop selling these.

Just a heads up!

• 4 weeks later...

Does It Look Like I'm Here? and Under Pressure (w/ Aaron Dilloway) are my favorite Emeralds releases. Bummer they are no longer together.

I actually wasn't that into Mark McGuire's latest release, All The Way. I'm a big fan of most of his other releases though. Living With Yourself, Off In The Distance, and Between Family are a few of my favorites.

It is also well worth your time tracking down the Skyramps cdr! Skyramps is McGuire and Daniel Lopatin from Oneohtrix Point Never. Such a good cd!

Does It Look Like I'm Here? and Under Pressure (w/ Aaron Dilloway) are my favorite Emeralds releases. Bummer they are no longer together.

I actually wasn't that into Mark McGuire's latest release, All The Way. I'm a big fan of most of his other releases though. Living With Yourself, Off In The Distance, and Between Family are a few of my favorites.

It is also well worth your time tracking down the Skyramps cdr! Skyramps is McGuire and Daniel Lopatin from Oneohtrix Point Never. Such a good cd!

Love Does It Look Like I Am Here too

• 2 months later...

Currently writing two new ASE albums, planning on one being a more atmospheric EP and the other a full length.

https://soundcloud.com/asseasexhaleofficial/laika-dream

Haven't really shared much from it yet but here's the opening track for the EP. Kinda trying to experiment with effects more than go for wild progressive writing with it so it's really chill.

I posted this in the instrumental thread a few weeks ago when I released it, but never posted it over here.

i just put together and released a little ep of some of the stuff i have been working on recently, and over the past few years.
Free download on bandcamp.

Lots of different influences going on, so I don't really know how to categorize it but:
ambient, drone, post-rock, downtempo electronic, glitch, noise.

I would love feedback from y'all! Cause the majority of the people who have listened so far are people I know, and while they've enjoyed it, they're not really "into" ambient kinds of music (besides a select few). So it would be cool to hear thoughts from you folks who are familiar and into it. Thanks!

http://songsformyfather.bandcamp.com/

a2216166228_10.jpg

I posted this in the instrumental thread a few weeks ago when I released it, but never posted it over here.

i just put together and released a little ep of some of the stuff i have been working on recently, and over the past few years.

Free download on bandcamp.

Lots of different influences going on, so I don't really know how to categorize it but:

ambient, drone, post-rock, downtempo electronic, glitch, noise.

I would love feedback from y'all! Cause the majority of the people who have listened so far are people I know, and while they've enjoyed it, they're not really "into" ambient kinds of music (besides a select few). So it would be cool to hear thoughts from you folks who are familiar and into it. Thanks!

http://songsformyfather.bandcamp.com/

a2216166228_10.jpg

Good stuff James!