How many of us on here are failed musicians?

was in a touring band called News from Verona for a few years--had plans to hit it big. did a month-long national tour with catering and all that jazz but decided to quit to stay home with my wife. honestly, i'm not even that good at bass, I was just a good performer and businessman haha. they're called Pioneer now. doing cool stuff. they always open for the national touring acts that come through in the pop/rock genre (the dangerous summer, the almost, the maine, etc.)

4 years into recording music. Every single band I've worked with has fucked me over in some way. I've been band searching for 5 years and never got farther then "jamming" with my buddies. I can play most instruments needed (for the alternative/rock genre) but I can't sing, thus I have been at a standstill for so long. 

All I want is to go on tour...even if I'm the damn roadie. Here's to hoping for a music related future  :P

6 years out of recording music. Every single band I've worked with has fucked me over in some way. I've been band searching for who knows how many years and never got farther then "jamming" with my buddies. I can play two instruments needed (for the alternative/rock genre) but I can't sing, thus I have been at a standstill for so long. 

Changed a couple of numbers and it's exactly my story.

was in a touring band called News from Verona for a few years--had plans to hit it big. did a month-long national tour with catering and all that jazz but decided to quit to stay home with my wife. honestly, i'm not even that good at bass, I was just a good performer and businessman haha. they're called Pioneer now. doing cool stuff. they always open for the national touring acts that come through in the pop/rock genre (the dangerous summer, the almost, the maine, etc.)

Your band ruled.  Seriously.  I saw you five times in a week at Cornerstone Festival a few years ago, and I still listen to All I Know Is I Know Nothing and Coming of Age pretty regularly.  My brother still keeps up with Pioneer a bit, but it was never the same for me after the name/member changes.  That week of shows and those EPs are sort of a magic moment for me though, so thank you.

As for myself, I'm a musician, but I haven't failed yet.  I play in a few bands, and I take it pretty seriously, and I plan to do even more after I graduate college in the spring.

I was in a few local bands growing up. Never really tried my hand at it as a career. Almost any local band from my area counted success as having an actual recorded demo, album, etc... (I graduated high school in 2002 so it was still hard to find an easy cheap way to record at least around my area), a t-shirt, or playing an out of town show. I once played an out of town show. So by local band standards I was successful for one night haha.

Side-note: if you were in a band you should post a link to music if you have it. It'd be cool to check it out.

We were pretty successful locally in high school and for a couple years after, but then life happened. 2 members moved away, 1 fell back into a drug habit (he kicked it and is almost 8 years sober), and we just got busy. We opened for Showbread when they played near by and did quite a few shows with Roper and Brave St. Saturn. Somanydynamos also played a lot of shows with us before they got signed. The best moment was recording our EP at the Blasting Room with Bill Stevenson in 2004. He was also working on Only Crime at the time, so we mastered our album with Bill, Russ from Social D, and Zach Blair (Flattus Maximus of GWAR, but now in Rise Against I think). I wish we wouldn't have stopped, but it didn't work out.

I found a link to some music here: http://www.mp3unsigned.com/A_Plea_for_a_Prayer#Untitled

I haven't heard this stuff in years. We were not that great.

I played in a few bands during and after high school.  Never went anywhere with it but never intended to.  It was mostly for fun and hanging out.  Shortly after that, I sold my guitars and my stack.  Purchased a Strat and amp years later b/c I thought I missed playing.  It sat for 3 years pretty much untouched.  Just sold the Fender last January and the amp last month. 

haven't failed yet, but I can't imagine life without being in my band. 6 years and going stong, except our newly acquired awesome bass player just left for grad school for 2 years. stinks. but we did record a new album in may, I'll post it here when it's finished. maybe I can find some small label to help me put it out.

older albums are here for those interested in post-rock/space-rock/rather low tunings: http://aceta.bandcamp.com/