Worship and Tribute packaging

Yep, I was stoked when I found a white sealed copy a couple of months ago and the same thing... apparently pretty common. I heard Goo Gone might help so I went to the store and all they had was a generic version. Tried it. It MELTED the grooves clean off! This still makes me sick to think about it :'(

Would it be possible replicate the issue on a small, 20 dollar bin records scale? Can you buy the cover material, replicate the issue on the cheap records and then attempt different cleaning methods?

That's a great idea. But why $20? Go to the Goodwill and get one of their many $4 titles with craptasticklassiks like Andy Williams/Englebert Humperdink/Anne Murray records.

Not classical though, that's cool shit.

I'm going to check on my white copy of W&T, that was in the original sleeve for a few months unlike the black copy.  I wonder how long it takes for the stickiness to ruin the record.

I put both of mine in mfsl sleeves for that reason.  I knew that shit would happen.  Heck my black one is in a mfsl sleeve in a promo jacket from one of my used (and edited) dead prez records.

Thanks for sharing that tip back when it would have helped ;)

My copy is fucked too. Sounds like a GITD record. Glassjaw + vinyl = heatbreak and frustration.

I saw this being an issue so I put the actual record in a generic sleeve as soon as I got it. Even still there was a small amount of gunk on the record, but after I played it through twice it seemed to be almost completely gone. It's worth noting though that I bought the record the day it came out so it was in that awful sleeve/insert for the least amount of time possible.

Fuck this, I haven't checked mine, but from what I'm hearing it probably has the same issue... putting it up for sale. White vinyl.

Aaaaand I think if I'm gonna piece out my glassjaw stuff... I might as well sell my copy of EYEWTKAS (sealed) and 1st press All Good Junkies Go To Heaven 7" (GJ88) + Jesus Glue 7" (GJ89) + sealed 3 gj adaptor set.