Worship and Tribute packaging

Thanks for sharing that tip back when it would have helped ;)

My copy is fucked too. Sounds like a GITD record. Glassjaw + vinyl = heatbreak and frustration.

I thought it was common knowledge that PVC sleeves are no goods for records. 

^what he said.  Sorry to hear that guys.

Unless you bought it for wall display only- in that case:

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Did anyone try woodglue?  That's supposed to take everything but the grooves off.  I have been considering doing this for my Def Jam bootlegs.

Wood glue is the only method i haven't tried on this, it may work. Worked miracles for other records of mine. Worth noting that this outgassing seems to be relative to temperature, this never happened to me in the ice cold UK. Warm room with PVC sleeves seems to be a disaster, if you pull a record that has lived in a PVC cover the sleeve always feels sticky.

Wood glue is the only method i haven't tried on this, it may work. ...Warm room with PVC sleeves seems to be a disaster, if you pull a record that has lived in a PVC cover the sleeve always feels sticky.

I live in south Florida... I got an early warning.  Curious... I wonder if my white record is botched... I don't recall playing it ever.  The black record on the other hand gets treated like gold and has been in a plastic or mfsl sleeve since day one.

If my white record is fucked, i'll try it too. Since I'm that douche with two copies.

Fuck this, I haven't checked mine, but from what I'm hearing it probably has the same issue... putting it up for sale. White vinyl.

Aaaaand I think if I'm gonna piece out my glassjaw stuff... I might as well sell my copy of EYEWTKAS (sealed) and 1st press All Good Junkies Go To Heaven 7" (GJ88) + Jesus Glue 7" (GJ89) + sealed 3 gj adaptor set.

How much for the albums, if still available? Mostly just curious, since I don't really know how much they go for.

I saw this being an issue so I put the actual record in a generic sleeve as soon as I got it. Even still there was a small amount of gunk on the record, but after I played it through twice it seemed to be almost completely gone. It's worth noting though that I bought the record the day it came out so it was in that awful sleeve/insert for the least amount of time possible.

Yeah, I did the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

anybody figure out a way to fix this?  I just got the Russian Cirlces / TAAS split yesterday (direct from Sargent House) and it has the same stupid issue.  I'm going to contact them about it, but I have a feeling it is going to be an issue with all the copies since they put them in those stupid sleeves.  This is the noisiest record I own now.

I have the RC/TAAS split as well, on black and on clear and I don't think it's the same issue, I think those are just normal pic disc sleeves with a sticker over top for the artwork. The W&T records have a plastic insert that, apparently, causes a residue to appear on the side of the record that lays against it, inside of the sleeve. So it's not the actual sleeve that causes the residue, it's the insert.

I checked out the RC/TAAS records, mostly the black since it seemed easier to see the surface... and while the pic disc sleeves tend to have that weird sticky feeling that they all seem to, the records looked clean, so I don't think there's any actual outgassing. I haven't played them, so I'm not sure if they sound staticky. I can't see it being the same issue, even the stickers on the RC/TAAS split seem to be on the outside of the sleeve.

I have the RC/TAAS split as well, on black and on clear and I don't think it's the same issue, I think those are just normal pic disc sleeves with a sticker over top for the artwork. The W&T records have a plastic insert that, apparently, causes a residue to appear on the side of the record that lays against it, inside of the sleeve. So it's not the actual sleeve that causes the residue, it's the insert.

I checked out the RC/TAAS records, mostly the black since it seemed easier to see the surface... and while the pic disc sleeves tend to have that weird sticky feeling that they all seem to, the records looked clean, so I don't think there's any actual outgassing. I haven't played them, so I'm not sure if they sound staticky. I can't see it being the same issue, even the stickers on the RC/TAAS split seem to be on the outside of the sleeve.

the sleeves do cause problems.  people have reported it elsewhere for a ton of records housed in PVC sleeves.  The Glassjaw insert was especially problematic though.  Fingers crossed the replacement that Sargent House is sending is not borked.

For anyone interested, beaches entertainment through amazon.com has this listed as new for $18.62+$3.99 shipping.  I thought about buying it myself since I don't have this one but I'm too tied up with other things.  I doubt it's going to last long at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004OKFIR2/ref=wl_it_of_o_pC_nS_lnk?ie=UTF8&colid=3RZU590LJ4CV5&coliid=I192NM9N0S0NX0

For anyone interested, beaches entertainment through amazon.com has this listed as new for $18.62+$3.99 shipping.  I thought about buying it myself since I don't have this one but I'm too tied up with other things.  I doubt it's going to last long at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004OKFIR2/ref=wl_it_of_o_pC_nS_lnk?ie=UTF8&colid=3RZU590LJ4CV5&coliid=I192NM9N0S0NX0

Why do I have to be broke right now.

Why do I have to be broke right now.

I wish I had more money too.  I haven't seen W&T listed new for anything under $50.  I've never bought anything through beaches, so at the price I'm also somewhat skeptical.  Makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it.

For anyone interested, beaches entertainment through amazon.com has this listed as new for $18.62+$3.99 shipping. I thought about buying it myself since I don't have this one but I'm too tied up with other things. I doubt it's going to last long at that price.

Keep in mind it's been sitting in the same sleeve. Chances are it's gonna be gunked up.

Gunked up isn't a problem if you have a good cleaner.  I'd be more concerned about it being warped.

are you saying you've been able to fix this issue?  I was under the impression that it was a chemical reaction that affected the surface of the record, not just putting gunk on it.

FYI, I received a replacement for that Russian Circles split.  It's borked too :-/