Worship and Tribute packaging

Got my soundcitybeaches copy today. Absolutely no residue whatsoever. Flawless shape.

Amazing! Just bought one to replace my destroyed one. I will be removing the LP completely from the supplied jacket and keeping it in a high quality inner sleeve and a generic outer sleeve with a poly sleeve over it. Fuck.

Does anyone have any info on who the fuck soundcitybeaches is/what their dealio is?

There was a limited press of old world underground by metric on yellow/gold/i don't remember, those sold out, everyone got their shit eventually, then several months later Sound City Beaches put up mysterious/unknown/no fucking info whatsover copies on black. No one ever found these being sold in some kind of official merch store/retail website.... only existing on ebay from Sound City.

These dudes got the fucking hook up somehow. Based on that experience these are all probs fresh represses.

but seriously, what the fuck?

I was thinking that these may very well be a straight up repress for RSD BF 2013 that hasn't been announced yet since they very adamantly included that year in the listing and they seem to know their shit. These dudes are wild and always bring the deals especially on imported shit.

Either that or these dudes are bootlegging hard in house. I highly doubt the latter but you never know.

Also, before they restocked today, I was convinced they were out of stock since its been a few days since they put more up. Glad to see they continue to show up. I wonder how long before they're gone.

It must be the cold/dry air in Canada that is keeping their copies in such good shape. Get a little heat and humidity on those things and they are wrecked.

I think this is probably the best logical explanation.  I have never bought this album because of all the horror stories.  From what I understand, the jacket is clear plastic, is the supplied inner sleeve also made out of the same clear plastic?  If that's the case, I don't think it's necessary to not use the jacket at all, I'd just put the media inside a different inner sleeve to ensure it has no contact with any of the plastic and as everyone should do with their records anyways, keep it stored in a reasonably cool and dry place.

I'm pretty sure the inner flap plastic is slightly different than the outer plastic. I also have the Russian Circles/These Arms Are Snakes split and that album looks and sounds perfectly good. It is only covered in a plastic reminiscent of that which is on the outside of the W&T LP. I have had it since 2009. However, my copies of W&T are outgassed to shit. I'm not taking any chances with this BS. I'm completely isolating this LP from that shitty plastic. Even the B-side which never touches the inner flap has a slight bit of the staining like its a plague that travels through the LP's system... you know like as if it were a living organism or something.