PO: Saves The Day - Saves The Day

I love Saves The Day but they kind of soured me with the whole crowd-funded-cop-out they did for this album. This was going to come out on Equal Vision regardless. A bit of a sketchy cash-grab to put out an album with no risk IMO.

I'll probably buy this later on down the line when it goes on sale on SRC. Daybreak was good, but it was the weakest of the trilogy.

The reason it cost more on the pledge is because they were funding the album itself

Not sure why people get so sour over crowd funding. They did a lot of updates and sent out free demos and covers to pledgers. They even sent a portion to help those still recovering from Sandy. Pledges are also supposed to get album a bit early. I am content with what I paid as I wanted the album to be made. They may have some distribution contracts but they funded the album and the tour through this.

PS: Daybreak was easily their best album in years and strongest of the trilogy

I love Saves The Day but they kind of soured me with the whole crowd-funded-cop-out they did for this album. This was going to come out on Equal Vision regardless. A bit of a sketchy cash-grab to put out an album with no risk IMO.

This is 10,000% incorrect. You're doing some serious misinformation spreading here.

I love how people want to cancel their pledges now to save a few bucks.  Really??  I thought you were a fan of this band and that's why you supported it??  You pledged to receive a record AND also help get the record recorded.  So obviously they need a few bucks for that too.  

And how can a band like this sour you by doing a pledge campaign?  They have been in this scene for over 15 years and seen it change so many times.  From scream-o, to neon, to crunk crap, to everyone of their NJ piers disbanding.  They stuck it out and I think its safe to say they arent rolling in the dough.  Its fantastic to see that they killed their goal in a week and nearly doubled it by time ends.  Do you know how good that must make them feel?  To know people still care about them after major label disappointments, constant line-up changed, musical changes, ect.  I bet they went into that studio so god damn pumped that they made one of their best records of their career.  I pledged for the new album on vinyl and cant wait to get it.

Chris said it himself on Matt Pryor's podcast. They were doing the album via EVR regardless and did the pledge music thing as a way for "fans to be involved."

http://www.ntwha.com/episode-010-chris-conley/

I haven't listened to this podcast so I don't know if you're accurately quoting him or not, but as someone who knows of multiple record labels the band were in negotiations with (and has been very close friends with the band's drummer on the record, who recently quit the band and joined Motion City Soundtrack), signing with EVR was never a sure thing and the PledgeMusic campaign done to raise funds to actually make the record.

I haven't listened to this podcast so I don't know if you're accurately quoting him or not, but as someone who knows of multiple record labels the band were in negotiations with (and has been very close friends with the band's drummer on the record, who recently quit the band and joined Motion City Soundtrack), signing with EVR was never a sure thing and the PledgeMusic campaign done to raise funds to actually make the record.

I'm just going off of what he said, I don't have inside scoop or anything. I also don't have anything to lie about, he makes it sound like they got the record crowd funded just to do it.

Like I said I like Saves The Day and have bought all their albums on release day. I'm not on some crusade to diminish their upstanding or something, but this whole thing seems fishy.