Chuck Ragan 7" club

anyone else here subscribe? i got my final 2 records this week, and it looks like they threw in an extra as well (though it came without a jacket)

i swear to god there were at least 5 or 6 colors pressed of each record (according to No Idea) but virtually every single one i received looked exactly the same; a bland, ugly, gray looking swirl. i dont get it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lady got me the blue Los Feliz for my birthday. However all my 7" have been both ugly colors and not very limited. If they release any more of these songs on a record I'm going to be a little pissed. So far not worth the money at all. No extra shit, not very limited vinyl (granted this is due to No Idea pressing 100 on weird awesome colors and then only giving them out to the band/label people leaving the folks paying with ugly mass produced colors) and the songs are starting to pop up else where. I hope my last two are prettier than the ugly ass first four.

Guest conoley

It's true that the songs are popping up elsewhere, but nowhere are they appearing as they do on the 7" club. I think it's been well worth the money despite color crap levels being high. And remember that while your color might not be the rarest of the bunch, the set in itself is.

i think the last one i got was "do you pray?/congratulations joe." still waiting for the rest; only about, what, five months later than they were supposed to come out?

mine have been decent colours, i think a couple have been gray-ish...though one was weirdly pinkish-grey, which was neat in an ugly way.

i'm totally satisfied with it, even if the only extra i've gotten so far has been a sticker. i like the bare-bones feel of it, really speaks to the songs being the beginning of something for one of my favourite songwriters. i've already pre-ordered "fest or famine" so i'm not that concerned about most of the songs being the same. looking at the list of collaborators and instruments played, i'm pretty confident they'll be dressed up enough to be worth paying for again.

and frankly, i thought the pricing on the 7" club was a steal.

My lady got me the blue Los Feliz for my birthday. However all my 7" have been both ugly colors and not very limited. If they release any more of these songs on a record I'm going to be a little pissed. So far not worth the money at all. No extra nuts, not very limited vinyl (granted this is due to No Idea pressing 100 on weird awesome colors and then only giving them out to the band/label people leaving the folks paying with ugly mass produced colors) and the songs are starting to pop up else where. I hope my last two are prettier than the ugly ass first four.

no idea doesn't give the rare colors to the staff or the bands.. case in point myself, and a couple of friends own copies of most of the rarest presses of Against Me! records and we ordered them for the list price. The rarest colors usually go to the first people that preorder the records, and then they go to the higher pressed colors.

i just got mine today, 3 7" the cd collection, and they threw in a pin, and free cd. overall it was a great deal, i would totally sign up again if they do it.

you mean the last three seven inches, plus the cd combining all of the songs, plus the other stuff?

that's not a bad package to receive.

Got mine in NH on Monday..... they came mailed with my "Los Feliz" which is OK but they slid around and a corner got pretty bent up. Sucks, but I'm glad I finally got them all. All of them were on some variation of sh*tty grey, except "The Boat" 7" which was on light blue. I was sweatin' it, I hope they find you all well.