Chuck Ragan 7" club

i ordered mine the day No Idea put it up, and i still got screwed. i looked over my 7"s last night and they're practically all varying shades of grey. just lame. lame lame lame.

You got screwed? You got all the 7"s didn't you? I'm not a fan of the gray, but they don't owe us anything when it comes to colour

im gonna go ahead and disagree. for a label that definitely makes it a point to cater to vinyl collectors, they definitely dropped the ball here. and that isnt even taking into consideration the delays we all had to deal with, or the fact that they really didnt even make good with the promises of extra goodies.

the latter 2 complaints i could overlook had they sealed the deal with a set of really nice looking records, but alas, it is not so.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest conoley

You got screwed? You got all the 7"s didn't you? I'm not a fan of the gray, but they don't owe us anything when it comes to colour

im gonna go ahead and disagree. for a label that definitely makes it a point to cater to vinyl collectors, they definitely dropped the ball here. and that isnt even taking into consideration the delays we all had to deal with, or the fact that they really didnt even make good with the promises of extra goodies.

the latter 2 complaints i could overlook had they sealed the deal with a set of really nice looking records, but alas, it is not so.

Fair enough, but I didn't sign up for it because of extra goodies. I'm happy with the CD - which I expected to be a shi.t.ty CDR. As far as I am concerned, having it done professionally is a great bonus. I signed up for the music. I got 7 fantastic records. While I appreciate cool looking vinyl, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the record looks like.

dude you can have a right to complain after you release something of this nature and see how much of a royal pain in the ass it is. The said it would be on colored vinyl.. and it was.. they never said what colors you would get.. so don't be a little girl about it.

actually, i have a right to complain because i am a paying customer. im not in the business of putting out records; im the consumer.

im not even going to get into the fact that most of these songs were on Los Feliz, and now apparently Feast or Famine.

dude you can have a right to complain after you release something of this nature and see how much of a royal pain in the ass it is. The said it would be on colored vinyl.. and it was.. they never said what colors you would get.. so don't be a little girl about it.

actually, i have a right to complain because i am a paying customer. im not in the business of putting out records; im the consumer.

im not even going to get into the fact that most of these songs were on Los Feliz, and now apparently Feast or Famine.

dont' worry about that. even though it's the same songs, I think all 3 recordings sound very different, especially feast or famine. it's a really tight, full sounding record that gives all the songs a brand new life.

See this is a piece of art, the art is arranged and released the way the artist/label wants it to be. You paid for the privledge of being able to support said art.

The wonderful thing of running a DIY punk rock type operation like No Idea is... you don't have to cater to self important "consumers" who feel they have the right to b!tch just because they laid down some cash. Did they release records on colored vinyl? yes. Did you get them? yes. so they came thru on their end. The gave you a quality set of records, with wonderful artwork, as well as some nifty little bonus items... and due to the nature of the project probably didn't make much money in the process for all the work they had to put into it.

the customer isn't always right.

See this is a piece of art, the art is arranged and released the way the artist/label wants it to be. You paid for the privledge of being able to support said art.

The wonderful thing of running a DIY punk rock type operation like No Idea is... you don't have to cater to self important "consumers" who feel they have the right to b!tch just because they laid down some cash. Did they release records on colored vinyl? yes. Did you get them? yes. so they came thru on their end. The gave you a quality set of records, with wonderful artwork, as well as some nifty little bonus items... and due to the nature of the project probably didn't make much money in the process for all the work they had to put into it.

the customer isn't always right.

im glad you're happy with 7 grey records and a small brown bike cd. (i assume this is the "nifty little bonus items" you speak of)

i totally forgot that since this is a "DIY punk rock type operation" i should just blindly accept what im given, and be thankful for it. actually, come to think of it, i AM the jerk here. im the guy who paid $40 for the ugly 7"s. im the guy who bought Los Feliz on vinyl and twice on cd just to get a signed poster and exclusive bonus 7". im also the jerk who bought his austin lucas split, and yep, same jerk who preordered Feast or Famine on vinyl and compact disc.

after putting this all into perspective, ive decided that the only way i can possibly redeem myself for questioning No Idea's poor choice of colors used for their vinyl is to buy yet another lp and compact disc that contain The Boat, For Broken Ears, It's What You Will, Do You Pray, Symmetry, etc

and lastly, given the limitless availability of pirated music these days, it is DEFINITELY not in No Idea's best interest to please the people who continually support their operation.

right?

Guest conoley

All I am saying is that colour isn't all that important to me. I liked the songs, the packaging, the CD of the 7"s and the efforts put into it. That made it worth my money.

Guest conoley
screw it. color really isnt all that important to me either, i think it just seems like every record ive gotten from No Idea in the last 2 years has been on that same color. in the grand scheme of things i suppose it really is somewhat trivial.

Agreed - Way too much gray

You would have thought they'd have run out of that poop colored gray by now. Is grey less expensive cause no one freaking wants it?

im pretty sure it is. i'm sure someone else could tell you more but i think certain pressing plants give you grey for cheaper. they just mix all their leftover colors with some black.

also no one should be complaining about this because are these not already worth more on ebay?

WONKA VISION #38 :: SPECIAL-EDITION 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ISSUE

Wonka Vision celebrates their 10 Year Anniversary with the biggest issue to date. Along with a feature on Chuck Ragan, Issue #38 contains a total of 108 pages and includes a 25 page feature on the 30 greatest bands covered in Wonka Vision since 1997 as well as a 10-page cover story on Against Me!

SPECIAL OFFER

Starting Friday, July 13th, advanced copies of the magazine will be available at www.wonkavisionmagazine.com at 50% off the normal $3.95 cover price for $2.00 + shipping. This special will only be available for two weeks, offer ends 7/27.

Yeah, I feel bad about everyone getting grey, because somehow I avoided that. Here's how mine broke down:

Ragan, Chuck The Boat No Idea on green (one of 11)

Ragan, Chuck Symmetry No Idea on grey blue swirl (one of 25)

Ragan, Chuck Valentine No Idea on light blue (one of 103)

Ragan, Chuck Do You Pray? No Idea on lavender (one of 19)

Ragan, Chuck The Grove No Idea on light blue (one of 52)

Ragan, Chuck Open Up And Wail No Idea on grey (one of 1,089)

Ragan, Chuck Trenchfoot No Idea on grey w/color (one of 347), jukebox sleeve

Yeah, I feel bad about everyone getting grey, because somehow I avoided that. Here's how mine broke down:

Ragan, Chuck The Boat No Idea on green (one of 11)

Ragan, Chuck Symmetry No Idea on grey blue swirl (one of 25)

Ragan, Chuck Valentine No Idea on light blue (one of 103)

Ragan, Chuck Do You Pray? No Idea on lavender (one of 19)

Ragan, Chuck The Grove No Idea on light blue (one of 52)

Ragan, Chuck Open Up And Wail No Idea on grey (one of 1,089)

Ragan, Chuck Trenchfoot No Idea on grey w/color (one of 347), jukebox sleeve

If you feel really bad I'll happily trade with you one of your more rare ones for one of the 7 totally awful colors I got. I mean I'm a good dude like that.