The design thread

Plugins:

photo gallery:

http://jacobraccuia.com/test/photo-gallery/

note: this gallery is the best gallery on the market but it's not on the market lol

one picture of admin side:

74tvOTL.png

FAMILY TREE PLUGIN:

frontend is on a private site and the demo isn't running but here are ss:  this works with custom wordpress post types and is pretty friendly for its complexity

LHjOYYv.png

bio popup on click

cCH2HZ2.png

edit bio!

Nxvfufe.png

family directory

eNwZS48.png

basic theme I created from scratch for site:

http://daily-beat.com

and I've ton of theme customization stuff which isn't fancy but pays the bills, as shown below:

http://thecausewayagency.com

http://sdabroad.com

http://bpsolutions-llc.com

Dude all of that^ is incredible.  That family tree plug-in is wild.  My uncle has been really into geneology lately.  I'm going to bring up your plug-in to him when I see him on Thanksgiving.  Would that be ok?  Or is it not for sale/public access yet?

Also, I REALLY dig that daily-beat layout.  How much would it cost for a design like that?  I currently use ProPhoto for my theme on WP, but they tend to all look the same & I just love the look that you designed so much more.  Seriously, great job on all of that, everything looks awesome.

credit union advertising over here. only so many ways to make a low APR rate sound cool.

Our agency has and still works with some large credit unions, and healthcare/hospitals/hospice accounts... So much boring work.

I am not a designer, i am a media planner so i can't chime in to these conversations but i sure wish i worked on some better accounts.

And yes, we have i think 3 art directors with stand up desks.

I am super excited because we picked up a local dog shelter/SPCA account and in January i get to work with puppies instead of dying people (hospice).

Dude all of that^ is incredible.  That family tree plug-in is wild.  My uncle has been really into geneology lately.  I'm going to bring up your plug-in to him when I see him on Thanksgiving.  Would that be ok?  Or is it not for sale/public access yet?

Also, I REALLY dig that daily-beat layout.  How much would it cost for a design like that?  I currently use ProPhoto for my theme on WP, but they tend to all look the same & I just love the look that you designed so much more.  Seriously, great job on all of that, everything looks awesome.

The plugin itself is technically free - I don't want to sell my work because I believe in free plugins - but I don't do work for free :P

and the theme? I'm phasing it out haha cause I have a new one.

PM me - lets talk :)

The plugin itself is technically free - I don't want to sell my work because I believe in free plugins - but I don't do work for free :P

and the theme? I'm phasing it out haha cause I have a new one.

PM me - lets talk :)

Will do! You'll be hearing from me after the new year, probably. Once the holiday hype settles down and I have more time to dedicate to my site.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

do we have a work advice topic? I don’t know. My workplace has gone through a lot of changes in the last 6 months. we lost 2 designers. one had been here for 6 years and the other for 18. They were both so important to how things ran around here. Our boss hired in a girl fresh out of college, and she only lasted a month before she was fired. Then 2 other younger girls were hired. I just feel like the entire office dynamic has changed into something negative. the 2 new girls are always complaining, or making fun of clients, or talking about how difficult this job is. we’re all in one big room together, and I’m right between the 2 new girls. I couldn’t imagine saying something is bullshit within earshot of the boss, much less making fun of clients right in front of him. I know it’s funny sometimes but in reality most people don’t know how to use photoshop but they try anyway.

I’ve just been really surprised by how much they’ve both had a negative effect on my mood. the past week I’ve pretty much just had my headphones in frowning at my screen. and it doesn’t help that right now we’re all spending 10-12 hours together and some weekends.

got a freelance gig...well, the option to take it. they pay isnt that great but its money.

approved for my freelance prices @ only 2 hours.

if anyone wants it, we can work it out to where you get the money. i have a creative brief.

PM if you have time to crank out a logo by mid next week. (concepts)

(this is a serious thing, not some made up beer label for finals..etc.  ill need to see some previous work, it will be a prominent logo here in KC)

$$$$$$$ is relative to the developer/designer!

While this is true, anyone who excepts unreasonable offers on the regular is setting a dangerous precedent and impacting your future ability to price your services appropriately.

This is not related to the job at hand, people should totally have at it if they want it!

not directed at anyone or mocking...my bad! bad example.

I don't want to do your stupid logo anyway! I'll make my own logo, with blackjack, and hookers! 

How did that turn out by the way?

Pretty good, I think I got a 95 on it. It kinda raised the precedent with my work with my prof though, and when I didn't give my final assignment as much effort suffered I for it with a lower grade.