The design thread

I got asked to make a logo this week for a band called "court of mayhem".  He told me that he wanted to make sure the logo included the following:  a skull smoking a cigar, playing cards on fire, and some chick with big boobs.....AND ANY OTHER MAN STUFF I WANTED TO THROW IN.

God bless america.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've posted in here about my Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix illustration before. All of the entries are up for voting for a "People's Choice" award through the PVGP Facebook page. I think there is about a week left in the voting, the gallery show/reveal is next Wednesday. It'd be cool if you guys went through and gave me a vote. I feel kind of weird publicizing this but hell, it'd be cool to win and have the People's Choice award on my resume. Either way, you can take a look at the other entries with a little navigating through this link too. Thanks in advance!

https://www.tabsite.com/contest_share.php?appid=341908712540542&aid=395508&tid=187000&spid=0&eid=67600

You have to click through an app verification thing but it won't post anything for you or any annoying garbage like that.

anybody joined the CC yet, and what do you think about the 49.99 monthly membership fee.

our art director is still at the point of trying to pitch it to our boss. we will have to do it eventually but it’s been an ordeal.

anybody joined the CC yet, and what do you think about the 49.99 monthly membership fee.

our art director is still at the point of trying to pitch it to our boss. we will have to do it eventually but it’s been an ordeal.

I plan on rocking CS5 until I am forced to do otherwise. I'm guessing that time will be when I graduate and get a job in the industry.

I've been using CC for a bit now. I got an interesting deal for $9.99/month for a student.

About a week or so ago they updated Illustrator with some pretty neat new features, and there's the other stuff like typekit, and fluid kuler palettes that are on all programs. I like it.

I've been using CC for a bit now. I got an interesting deal for $9.99/month for a student.

About a week or so ago they updated Illustrator with some pretty neat new features, and there's the other stuff like typekit, and fluid kuler palettes that are on all programs. I like it.

how long do you get that price for?

how long do you get that price for?

I've got 3 more years at that rate. I figured they would have some sort of school certification when I signed up; but there was none.

I forgot it had Typekit integration. I'll probably set it up tomorrow then.

It's pretty cool, I think it'll be even better if/when they add more typefaces.

i have two, to be honest.

the

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - 8GB

and an ipad 2

wife has the newest mini

i do NOT like droid, the OS its on and got it as a gift from work.

im loyal to apple. my shit all syncs up, i can do office on it and still dick around.

obvi no external memory on apple.

basically preference just comes down to which OS you like best.