Mount Eerie - Pre-Human Ideas

http://pitchfork.com/news/52119-phil-elverum-releasing-lp-of-re-recorded-and-auto-tuned-mount-eerie-songs/

Last year, Phil Elverum released two Mount Eerie records: Clear Moon and Ocean RoarThis year, he's releasing an album called Pre-Human Ideas, where he re-recorded tracks from both of those albums with Auto-Tuned voices. It's out November 12 via his own P.W. Elverum & Sun label; listen to the re-recorded version of "Lone Bell" above.

Although the tracks on Pre-Human Ideas are reworked songs from Elverum's discography, the album's one sheet notes that there are also "newly written lyrics, almost like new songs layered over the old ones, expanding and clarifying the ideas." 

Pre-Human Ideas:

01 Organs (from Pale Lights)
02 No Inside, No Out
03 I Say "No"
04 The Hidden Stone
05 The Place Lives
06 The Place I Live
07 Lone Bell
08 House Shape
09 Clear Moon
10 Yawning Sky
11 Ocean Roar
12 Organs (from The Place Lives)

https://soundcloud.com/forcefieldpr/mount-eerie-lone-bell-pre

WTF!?

Edit: Will update when pre-orders are up

I saw this yesterday and completely forgot to post it!

Clear Moon and Ocean Roar are both excellent, I'm interested to see how this turns out.  I hope it doesn't feel too much like a novelty album.  Phil's prices are usually reasonable, so I have a feeling I'll end up ordering this eventually.

• 2 months later...

I strangely dig this quite a bit. The instrumentation is so warm and soothing compared to the originals and the cheesy vocal effects come across pretty nicely at some points (I Say "No" in particular). Having said that, I'm a huge Phil fanatic and could just be convincing myself otherwise in order to keep my collection complete.