PO: Showbread - Cancer (/300)

I worked together with my friends in Showbread to bring you Showbread's newest album, Cancer on limited vinyl. Only 300 copies total, 90 on pink and the rest on black. This is only technically a pre-order - the records should be showing up tomorrow and then shipping immediately. http://showbread.storenvy.com to order.

RJC_1-465_2013.06_original.jpg

I know some of you guys have a thing against this band, but I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, or you can hit up Garrett at [email protected]. The album is available for free to download at Come&Live!.

For any of you that were fans of old old Showbread (read: pre-T&N era), something else is in the works for next year.

That's true, and it IS coming. I think it's done, just in post-production now. Lots of unforeseen holdups, but they've been putting a lot of work into it.

I think Kevin's response was supposed to be to me. If it is: I can't tell you what it is, but it's fun. You'll like it.

When the last album came out, there was some hate about 1) the price of the WCKI? vinyl (which, actually, was high because the pressing plant screwed them over) and 2) a lyric that a lot of people took as the band lumping homosexuals in with thieves, rapists - which wasn't Josh's intended meaning with the line at all. I can go into it more if people like, but I don't see it necessary. These are all great dudes, and Cancer is a pretty fantastic album. I'm glad to have been able to help them on this.

If anyone's interested in having it, the digital download is free on Come&Live!

With T&N's back catalogue being bought out, I don't think we'll ever see any of that era of Showbread being pressed. Unfortunately.

When the last album came out, there was some hate about 1) the price of the WCKI? vinyl (which, actually, was high because the pressing plant screwed them over) and 2) a lyric that a lot of people took as the band lumping homosexuals in with thieves, rapists - which wasn't Josh's intended meaning with the line at all. I can go into it more if people like, but I don't see it necessary. These are all great dudes, and Cancer is a pretty fantastic album. I'm glad to have been able to help them on this.

If anyone's interested in having it, the digital download is free on Come&Live!

With T&N's back catalogue being bought out, I don't think we'll ever see any of that era of Showbread being pressed. Unfortunately.

Yes, it was directed at you. :P I'm gonna dream that its what I know it isn't.

But yeah, I didn't hear about that drama, but as far as the vinyl price goes... really? It's just a fact of collecting now, and I'm sure they didn't intentionally charge that much. With the homosexuals thing, I'm pretty sure Josh wouldn't say that. I've met these guys a few times (long ago, however), and they were all super nice and I followed all of their work for years. He can be a little radical at times, but he never means offense. These guys used to dress in booty shorts, paint their nails black and wear many other things. Come on. xDD

When the last album came out, there was some hate about 1) the price of the WCKI? vinyl (which, actually, was high because the pressing plant screwed them over)

How did the plant screw them over? They sold 75 $100 copies of the LP via Kickstarter, which is far more egregious than the $40 they were charging afterward.

In lieu of getting into this argument with you again: first, the Kickstarter wasn't to press the album, it was for creating the album as a whole, to cover all costs of everything surrounding the album. Everything extra they put into funding a completely free US tour. They didn't pocket any Kickstarter money. 

The plant looped them into a contract far more expensive than they had intended on spending, and this being their first try at pressing vinyl, they really didn't know any better. 

You don't need to change your mind about the whole thing, but I know that Showbread is good dudes, and they were never trying to take advantage of anybody. 

• 3 weeks later...