Arcade Fire - Reflektor

I'm a huge AF fan but I've never loved any of their albums on absolute first listen. They all need time to sink in.
For those struggling, give it some more spins... I like it more on listen #4 than listen #1.

Now some vinyl-specific questions:

--Any particular reason why "We Exist" was moved from track #2 (on CD) to track #4 (opening of side 2 of Record A) for the vinyl? There's less than a minute difference between this track and "Here Comes The Night Time" if they wanted to preserve the running order... Doesn't seem like that would make a huge difference in side lengths and how the grooves are cut. 
I actually kind of like it. If nothing else it makes the listening experience different from the CD.

--Some folks are talking about a CD-only bonus track? Is this the ambient noise that closes out the final track ("Supersymmetry") or something else? I heard a rumor that you have to rewind the CD from track 1 to hear it?!? 
I definitely didn't get a hidden track in the FLAC files that the band emailed out this morning.

Yeah hidden track is about 8 minutes of select instrumental album tracks in reverse. It's a really nice listen after I reversed it so it plays the right way.

Also, in regards to the vinyl version, does supersymmetry have the 7 minutes of ambience as featured on the cd and digital release?

Yeah hidden track is about 8 minutes of select instrumental album tracks in reverse. It's a really nice listen after I reversed it so it plays the right way.

Also, in regards to the vinyl version, does supersymmetry have the 7 minutes of ambience as featured on the cd and digital release?

Any way you can post the reversed reverse track?

And yes, Supersymmetry has the ambient noise on the LP

They're just trying to sell the record at a marked up cost. Fuck them.

The Suburbs was their best album. This doesn't even come close. It's easily their worst album.

Woah we defiant differ on our Arcade Fire likes and dislikes....But dont be too quick to say its their worst when you havent sat with it for a few months...any album worth listening to needs time...I happen to love it off the bat! Which is kinda rare for me! 

But to each their own! But you think Suburbs is better than FUNERAL? You may be in a large minority there? Anyway! Opinions make the world go round! So I like to see people discussing them openly and kindly! we need more of that on VC....(I think) to many people get so huffy and puffy when someone disagrees with "their view"

anyway! Cheers

I've listened to this all the way through three times and I'm having a hard time figuring out why anyone would say it's their worst.

To me, Neon Bible is the worst LP they've released. I love it, but it's not up to snuff with The Suburbs or even this record (I can tell that already) and doesn't hold a candle to Funeral. 

Their albums aren't always growers for me, but The Suburbs was for some reason. If you're really having a hard time with it, I'd recommend giving it some time as others have suggested. 

Since we're stating opinions, I'm gonna go ahead and say The Suburbs is my least favorite. It just seemed kinda weak. Funeral has always been my favorite, I remember being like 11 years old and watching the music video for Rebellion on MTV2 before school. Neon Bible actually places second but the weird propaganda/promotion stuff hyping the album up plays a major factor in that. Okay bye.

Woah we defiant differ on our Arcade Fire likes and dislikes....But dont be too quick to say its their worst when you havent sat with it for a few months...any album worth listening to needs time...I happen to love it off the bat! Which is kinda rare for me! 

But to each their own! But you think Suburbs is better than FUNERAL? You may be in a large minority there? Anyway! Opinions make the world go round! So I like to see people discussing them openly and kindly! we need more of that on VC....(I think) to many people get so huffy and puffy when someone disagrees with "their view"

anyway! Cheers

A healthy discussion about the actually music vs variants! Wow! Haha. 

I honestly have no idea how people can say, "this one's better." "that one's better." "etc."

Since we're stating opinions, I'm gonna go ahead and say The Suburbs is my least favorite. It just seemed kinda weak. Funeral has always been my favorite, I remember being like 11 years old and watching the music video for Rebellion on MTV2 before school. Neon Bible actually places second but the weird propaganda/promotion stuff hyping the album up plays a major factor in that. Okay bye.

No shitting you were a 11? Man, that was high school for me, good times especially during winter orchestra.

No shitting you were a 11? Man, that was high school for me, good times especially during winter orchestra.

Holy cow. You were 11 when Rebellion came out? When Rebellion came out, I was already passed my rebelling days.

Yep! I was in 6th grade. Everyone else was listening to AFI and Slipknot at the time.

oh man, why all the neon bible hate? that's my personal favorite...just epic from start to finish

i find it hard for anyone to argue against funereal being their definitive/monumental album...suburbs was great and im really digging reflektor...i just don't think they're going to create anything as widely loved as suburbs/funeral