Arcade Fire - Reflektor

regarding Reflektor, it's a long album, it will take awhile to sink in, if it's gonna sink in.

it took a long time for Suburbs to sink in with me.  one day it did and boom goes the dynamite.  of course funeral had that same bang moment.

neon bible, i can tell it's great, but i'm still looking for that "bgtd" moment.

halfway though side B, i'm loving Reflector. 

I'll jump into the ranking game, because why not... As I think most people would say, I'd put Funeral #1 and Neon Bible #4.  I think this album is still too new for me to appropriately judge it against The Suburbs, though.  My first reaction is to say Suburbs #2, then Reflektor #3... but that could change after a month or two, or after seeing the new stuff live.  A lot of times I feel like an album sounds 100x better after seeing it done live (see The National's Trouble Will Find Me).

While I disagree, I can understand people who think The Suburbs is their best.  For me, though, the real way to tell is this... I get the urge to go back and listen to Funeral and do so once every couple of months, but I don't think I've listened to The Suburbs in at least 2 years.

While I'd agree that Funeral is their best, I think The Suburbs is pretty close. I definitely wouldn't find it offensive if someone thought The Suburbs was superior.

Yeah, while "Funeral" is their definitive release, sort of a unrivalling album, "Suburbs" plays a #1 here. Perhaps for the fact that I had it continuously in my car stereo, I love the fact that it's a smoothier album when compared to its precedents.

Since we're stating opinions, I'm gonna go ahead and say The Suburbs is my least favorite. It just seemed kinda weak. Funeral has always been my favorite, I remember being like 11 years old and watching the music video for Rebellion on MTV2 before school. Neon Bible actually places second but the weird propaganda/promotion stuff hyping the album up plays a major factor in that. Okay bye.

One of my friends got a free copy of Funeral from a radio station running an event at a bar. He had never heard of them and I knew only who they were so I traded a dollar beer for it. Totally a good move

^^ I'm on the East Coast, guys. Saw BullMoose has some copies though so I might order one. How's the quality of this pressing? I heard the second track does not come after the first track on side a but rather is on side b...

The pressing sounds fanfuckingtastic like all their other records. Not too sure why the tracks are switched since there's only about a minute difference. I haven't heard the CD tracklisting yet I wonder if I'll like that over the vinyl tracklisting.