Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Spinning Reflektor for the first time right out of the package

It sounds great but my copy has a bit of background noise and what looks like the smallest warp ever, but I can kinda tell as it goes around.

:|

Did you clean it? All my AF records are smooth as fuck with no background noise whatsoever.

this place is made up of a lot of folks who listen to 2 to 3 minute pop punk songs all the time. hell, someone said they just heard their first AF song the other day.

even as a fan, i think long albums take a little time.

That was me. I'm kind of into the new album but that back catalog isn't really speaking to me yet.

Which doesn't have anything to do with VC preferences. I don't dig on pop punk really either.

I think reflektor is one of the best tracks of the year

Agreed on this.  I was digging it the first time I heard it - when it debuted with the video - but I've really, really come to appreciate it since then.  And Afterlife is undeniably feel-good in all the best ways possible.  My other big top-track contender is It's Never Over (Hey Orpheus).

Listened to this yesterday at work.  I kept getting distracted by it, which is always a good sign.  I liked the second half more than the first, but I have a feeling that it'll grow on me after repeat listens.  I plan on picking it up sometime this week and really spending some time with it.

This album is making me want to like Neon Bible. I love Funeral, The Suburbs, and Reflektor... never got into Neon Bible. Probably because I haven't bought the physical record. Off to the Merge webstore...

It's so good, man. There's maybe one mediocre track on the entire record. I often think I enjoy it more than The Suburbs.