Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Very interesting.  I love the fact that Amoeba is having a listening party.  $9.99 would be the right price.  

Just went to Amoeba's site and found this page:

Arcade Fire is releasing a very limited 12" single from their upcoming album, Reflektor (due out October 29 on Merge Records). The "Reflektor" 12" will be available for sale at Amoeba Hollywood, San Francisco and Berkeley on Monday, September 9 at 6pm.

Quantities are very limited so it's first come first served, limit one copy per customer and you must be in the store to purchase it.No phone orders, online sales or holds allowed.

We'll also be playing the new single at Amoeba on Monday, 9/9 at 6pm so come down to the store for a chance to hear the new track before anyone else.

In typical Arcade Fire, mum's the word when it comes to everything about the release and the 12" single. Artwork for the 12" has surfaced online, but we can't confirm yet that this is accurate. To further complicate the mystery, the back cover also features a track listing of 14 songs. But it is reportedly just another trick by the band. We'll all have to wait and see on Monday!

3 stores in Canada and none in NYC is pretty lame.  Hopefully they add some places to the map before Monday!

Maybe it's a big surprise and it will end up being the full album, only available on special LP about 6 weeks before the real release date.

Okay, probably not.

I've been thinking about that possibility. Seems unlikely, but I'm into it. These elaborate marketing campaigns and leaks are getting old. Just give us the music already.