Arcade Fire - Reflektor

Full LP is $28.17 on Amazon, $24.98 with free shipping from Merge. I don't know if this will drop below $25 on Amazon, but I think I might preorder to see. I guess I can always cancel and order from Merge if the price doesn't drop.

Any particular reason why you wouldn't just order from Merge then?

Any particular reason why you wouldn't just order from Merge then?

It is very possible that Amazon would drop to $21 or $22 before the release date. Sometimes it's just a pain to follow different orders on Amazon and risk not getting them cancelled before they ship if the price doesn't drop enough.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone catch em on SNL? i wasnt that big on the songs.

the mix was shit and i can't stand watching Regine. she's such an attention whore. Arcade Fire is literally the only band in the world that I want to be in the back of the room if I see them.

tangent: I saw them at Lollapalooza in 2010 with a ton of friends and we were all the way in the back dancing and boozing and it was an all-around great time.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently the rip thats going around is a little imperfect.  The last track is supposed to be almost twice as long but gets cut off, and some of the track times are a few seconds off compared to the iTunes/Wikipedia lengths.  But still, it's good enough for now. I'm sure a more legit one will be out by the end of the day.

Just finished my first pass and I really liked it.  The first half was a little slow and needs time to grow on me, and the second half was great.

I'm sure it's probably not allowed, but they've been doing this for as long as I've shopped there. Typically every store I go to has new releases out before the street date - some stores a day or two earlier than others. I always kind of assumed that was the norm with local stores.