Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

ugh. Threads like this are why Vinyl Collective sometimes annoys the fuck out of me.

Can someone give me a summary as to what the deal with this release is so I don't have to read through 89 pages of irrelevent posts?

This thread is awesome. Get your popcorn out and catch up.

haha the thing I like about this thread is that in 2 pages someone will come and say "I'll go back 3 pages, and surely I'll get the info I need" then they will post on the last page "WAIT THIS IS A BOOT?! FUCK TAHT OMG CANT BELIEVE THE BAND ISNT GETTING A DIME" all because of your post :P

oh wait... that's that shit I don't like :(

haha the thing I like about this thread is that in 2 pages someone will come and say "I'll go back 3 pages, and surely I'll get the info I need" then they will post on the last page "WAIT THIS IS A BOOT?! FUCK TAHT OMG CANT BELIEVE THE BAND ISNT GETTING A DIME" all because of your post :P

oh wait... that's that shit I don't like :(

Bootleg get's thrown around way too much these days.  To me it's a bootleg only if the audio is done poorly.  Like all those Universal Special Markets releases.. those are bootlegs.

Haha, well, really, a bootleg has nothing to do with audio quality.

It has everything to do with licensing. But when something is getting pressed by MoV, a very well known label, the licensing is all in place. Especially considering how wide/public of a release this is getting. It's in no way a boot.

Bingo. Which is why there is not such thing as an "authorized bootleg".

Several bands now make authorized bootleg vinyl to promote their upcoming records...see recent releases from:

Alabama Shakes, Dawes, Cold War Kids, Gogol Bordello, Polyphonic Spree.

They are plain label LPs with hand stamped covers that are sold at indie stores a few weeks before the official release.

Several bands now make authorized bootleg vinyl to promote their upcoming records...see recent releases from:

Alabama Shakes, Dawes, Cold War Kids, Gogol Bordello, Polyphonic Spree.

They are plain label LPs with hand stamped covers that are sold at indie stores a few weeks before the official release.

If they are pressing their own albums without the consent of a label that owns the rights then they are just bootlegs. If they have permission then they are just self pressed albums that they give a cute name to.

Edit: just to clarify for people who don't understand the definition of the words:

au·thor·ized

ˈôTHəˌrīzd/

adjective

having official permission or approval.

"an authorized dealer"

ˈbo͞otˌleg/

adjective

(esp. of liquor, computer software, or recordings) made, distributed, or sold illegally.

"bootleg cassettes"

synonyms: illegal, illicit, unlawful, unauthorized, unlicensed, pirated; More

verb

verb: bootleg; 3rd person present: bootlegs; past tense: bootlegged; past participle: bootlegged; gerund or present participle: bootlegging

make, distribute, or sell (illicit goods, esp. liquor, computer software, or recordings) illegally.

"domestic bootlegging was almost impossible to control"

synonyms: illegal, illicit, unlawful, unauthorized, unlicensed, pirated; More

noun

noun: bootleg; plural noun: bootlegs

an illegal musical recording, esp. one made at a concert.

FOOTBALL

a play in which the quarterback fakes a handoff and runs with the ball hidden next to his hip.

"he scored on a 29-yard bootleg on fourth down"

The devil and god-damnit, this ain't no yellow dog swingin pig TMOQ shit, boy.

This is a bootleg:

ba0b757273d211e282fd22000a9d0df2_7.jpg

By this thread's overwhelming collective logic, the AFS pressing that has been out for years is a "bootleg". In all honesty it's probably a better "bootleg" than this MoV pressing will amount to!

Now go read the damn Clinton Heylin book.

TMOQ is the best record bootlegger. They're stuff is pretty good.

And if you're a clever ebay seller, in your description you say:

The Beatles - Kum Back LP - Get Back RARE/OOP - NOT TMOQ

Just to have people who are searching for TMOQ boots pick up your listing in the search results.

Says Brand New variant collector

tumblr_lrdoqjrELh1r2hybuo1_500.gif

Hahha, best post. I love Ry and all, but yeah, definitely not in a position to criticize other's taste in music.

For the record I also have never heard ACB but will download the recommended album to give it a try :/