Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

Got this and the TOTD on purple on the same day... from different sites. Go figure. 

Negatives:

--That damn sticker, especially since it has the MOVLP791 number to boot. The fact that no one thought to put the sticker on the OUTSIDE SLEEVE is just mind-blowing.

--Lack of gatefold. I'm assuming the original TRC press was a gatefold?

Positives:

--Printed inner sleeves. Much better packaging than the CD version. So did the original press have plain sleeves and all the info inside the gatefold?

--Red marbled vinyl. Dear God these records are GORGEOUS. I've seen pics from others that look kinda blah, but the actual vinyl is a deep blood red with black streaks. One of the nicest color presses I own, and aesthetically, it fits the album artwork perfectly... Much better than most of the earlier presses. (Blue? Orange?!?)

TBD:

--Sound quality. Because I just got home and it's already late and I'm tired, and this record NEEDS to be played loud. So hopefully tomorrow.....

For what it's worth, I do dig the foil-stamped numbering... Based on my collection, only MoFi and MOV seem to do it that way. (Tonefloat sold numbered copies for the Porcupine Tree records... with the numbering as a sticker on the SHRINK WRAP. Kind of defeating the purpose?....)

I'm assuming the TC and AFS presses weren't numbered, but the pressing quantities were simply publicized?

And yeah, the lack of gatefold must be a UK thing. Temple Of The Dog has the same problem. 

And you know what's worse? TRIPLE vinyl with no gatefold. That said, if you're a Clash fan at all, I highly recommend the new 3LP set (Hits Back) that just came out... despite the lack of gatefold. (Nice red vinyl for the U.S. press too.)